Gloat - free tree trunks

They are clearing land south of San Antonio for the new Toyota plant. I found out who was doing the clearing and gave them a call. It turns out, someone has a contract to haul out all the mesquite they clear to turn it into flooring, but I guess I must have groveled enough, the supervisor said to come out and he would give me a few trunks. I got there right at the end of the clearing, but managed to get two trailer loads (16' flatbed) of mesquite trunks. That's 12 trunks 18-30" in diameter and 12-16' long. There was one trunk there that I wanted really bad. It was about 40" or more in diameter and about 10 feet long. First, it would probably overload my trailer and second, it was too big for the mill. Its the biggest piece of mesquite I have ever seen.
BTW, for San Antonio locals, there is no more. I was lucky to catch it at the end of the clearing.
Preston
Preston Wrote: >They are clearing land south of San Antonio for the new Toyota plant. I

Toyotas all around! Just gettin' ready to dull a few bandsaw blades myself. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
How did I know that it was going to be Mesquite... Darn good catch Preston... Several years ago I had a lot of relatives that lived in and around Charlotte, about 50 miles south of there, and Mesquite was about the only tree around.
I still have a nice small chunk that I have been sitting on for 20 or so years.
You post this gloat over next store at the Woodturners group? You might make a profit off of them. :) Why oh why does this Never happen to me?
--

"Preston Andreas" < snipped-for-privacy@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:nafWb.2188$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com...
In rec.woodworking

How many times have you talked to a company clearing land?
Point is I never had that opportunity.
--

"Bruce" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net...
Young_carpenter wrote:

Where you from, Boy? If you meant NEXT DOOR, just go ahead and spit it out. :>) Yeah, I would like one of them trunks to throw on my lathe!

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"
Preston Andreas wrote:

You suck!