Gloat for people living near the Gulf

Page 1 of 2
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.
Add pictures here
βœ–

This funny how?
Add pictures here
βœ–

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows. The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for doing the cleanup." (Lt. Gen .Russell Honorι)
Add pictures here
βœ–
There are companies that convert trash of all kinds - turkey/chickens... into minerals and useful stuff. Small R&D companies finally thinking...
Why not set one up to slurp this stuff up and out - still out the good and sort out the bad.
Kinda neat company idea. Take garbage and waste of all kinds and distill out all sorts of stuff. Carbon black was only one element that came.
All of this junk grass we cut and dry on the fields - why not bail it and soak up the crap - that would be easy to burn and stuff.
Just no idea men in the Government. Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 5/26/2010 6:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2010-05-26 21:19:06 -0400, "Martin H. Eastburn"

Kevin Costner has patented some centrifudge device that's supposed to separate oil from water quickly in vast quantity.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/kevin-costner-machine-bp-oil-clean/story?id 689928 http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/05/19/2010-05-19_gulf_oil_spill_bp_oks_tests_of_kevin_costners_invention__device_to_clean_oil_fro.html
(Unrelated
but intersting, actress Hedy Lamar co-invented "frequency-hopping" spread spectrum communications, key to some forms of Wi-Fi and CDMA.)
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Steve" wrote:

------------------------------------ The first fresh thought I've heard came from the retired CEO of Shell.
Been used of Singapore to handle a major spill a few years ago.
Herd the oil with a bunch of supertankers, sucking up oil/water which is then separated on shore with the cleaned water being returned to the Gulf.
All that is needed is for the USA to stand up and get started.
Meanwhile BP keeps playing with themselves.
Given enough supertankers, they could at least stay even with the leak until the plugging well gets finished in August.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
In forth:

redneck ingenuity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SxX2EntEo

Add pictures here
βœ–
I wouldn't say Redneck - but if you simply look and think when seeing it hit the marsh - and drive by when county grass cutters are cutting off tall grass from rain days and wild flower prohibition of cut days.
Lot of hay in the highway systems much less as large less productive
As they mentioned, scoop it up off the beach with standard machines that do the work on sea weed - and truck it off to a power plant that burns wood and other stuff. We have one of those here in town ourselves. A booster station for peak smoothing and later as the population increases a stopgap until additional resources are used for a larger unit on a gas well or two..
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 5/27/2010 12:06 AM, ChairMan wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:19:06 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
The "good" news is that among other things, they're using a dispersing agent to break up the oil before too much is washed up on the beaches.. The bad news it that it's apparently sinking to the bottom and will kill the coral..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
βœ–

Depends on where they use the dispersing agent and where it sinks. If it sinks near the well or in similar depths, there's not much to kill. There are deep water corals, but most corals are shallow water reef dwellers.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not sure, but she said the coral was getting covered, so I'm guessing that they're using it to try to protect the beaches.. Supposed to be a couple of Utube movies showing divers estimating damage, but I'm bandwidth impaired..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
βœ–
Coral lives on reefs and mounts and structures. Very little lives on the bottom - but some shells do live in the muck and sand getting what drops to the bottom.
Lived in the South Pacific and have a massive shell collection.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 5/27/2010 1:09 AM, mac davis wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
stupid thing to say Rusty

Add pictures here
βœ–

This really isn't a bit funnier than the bullshit jokes Letterman is telling at the Gulf coast's expense.
If the hurricane wasn't enough now we have oil and smartasses.
RonB
Add pictures here
βœ–

Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how serious this is. That spill isn't plugged yet either.
Add pictures here
βœ–

How does Letterman's insensitivity prove Quinn's Law?
[snipped the rest of Stein's hate speech.]
Add pictures here
βœ–

Better idea. Let's just send you. Your swelled head could plug most any pipe.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I think he'd rather be ON a pipe than in one.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Congrats! You're even more pathetic than your dancing partner Upscale....
I'd of thought it near impossible...
--
Jack
Got Change: 50 States ====> 57 States, not counting Alaska and Hawaii!
Upscale wrote:

Pathetic, as usual!
--
Jack
What one person receives without working for, another person must work