Gloat: Delta 22-580 planer..... WOW

Just picked up the new planer this afternoon and one word does it justice. WOW..... I had considered the 13" Ridgid from the Borg and the new DeWalt 735. Yea, I know Woodcraft is having a sale the 13th, but the timing was off for that to work for me. First test piece was a scrap hunk of Red Oak. Ran at the sizing speed and it is pretty smooth. Then ran a the "Finishing" speed taking 1/64th... can you say "Baby Butt Smooth"... I am impressed. No measurable snipe. I can feel a shoulder, but can't measure it and it sands out with almost no effort. The finish is so smooth, I think I could spray the poly on it and call it done with no sanding, but some how that just does not feel right. Wanted to give a first impression for those of you shopping for a new generation planer.
LFW
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net
Glad you're happy! Let me make you a little happier. Go to www.toolseeker.com and click on the rebate links. The 22-580 has a $50.00 rebate right now.
Joey

Hey hombre, I know what you mean. One of my homies and me got hold of some wood for my shop. We snuck in the back, and Saturday morning, I chopped a piece of Oak with my new axe I took from the neighbor. The wood was a smooth as the cheek of my ass. Even with the little place where I sat on the cigarette lighter of my coche and have a terrible scar.
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:44:19 GMT, "L. Wilson"

It won't look right AFTER the finish is on, either.
Wipe the wood with mineral spirits and look at it in the right light. You'll see what I mean. <G>
Barry