Gloat: Cherry/Board Feet Estimation Please

Hi all,
I braved the subzero temps this AM to get my spoken for heap o cherry lumber. After 138 miles I arrived at the farm, paid for my booty and loaded it up. I loaded the thicker pieces first between the driver's passengers seat(8 ft +/- a couple inches) then filled in the sides(6 ft +/- a couple inched) with 4/4 stock. The top layer is the cut offs. How about one of you lumber experts give me a guess of how many board ft that I got? I feel that I got a great deal approaching gloat worthy. Please confirm that this is a gloat.
Pictures of the van load on ABPW
Thank you
Chef
Chef - Where I live, cherry is about $4/bf - if you have 400 bf - $1,600. Where did you get this? They got any more??
Even if you paid $1,000 for it, you suck!! ;) Nice one!!
Nick B

loaded
you
that
Hey All
8 hours later.... I have a really good understanding of my table saw, new jointer, and new planer. I also need to get a dust mask, cause I can make cherry wood filler from my nose.
And the winner is? I don't remember who guessed closest to ~400 board feet raw. I stopped by the local scale and weighted my van loaded and then unloaded it. Back to the scale to get a load of firewood for the shop. Going to need heat to make boards. A difference of ~1200 lbs, no wonder the van drove like a drunk pig. Took a piece into the kitchen and weighted it. About 3 lbs a board foot.
Since the seller posted this originally on the wreck:

mother-in-law to get out there and help you. 1 pickup load should take it all.
Mike Schwarz: It cleaned up to ~290 board feet. Do you remember the three wide pieces that had the large knot hole in them. I sold them to a local college prof who makes "Medieval lutes". Whatever they are? He is a little wierd but said he would expense it to Bradley U. He was thrilled to get them and covered $210 of my out lay after I sawed, jointed, and planed them. He even let me keep the cut offs.
Finally cost: $250(for the wood) + $20(gas) + $6(breakfast) + $7(lunch) + $8(firewood for stove) + $10(electric & etc.) - $210(Medieval lutes) = $91
$91 for 266 board feet of clean up, ready to use cherry. That would make it about $0.34 a board foot.
Chef
PS There were three frozen walnuts on that hay rack. I wonder if there is any of it in a barn?

Going
van
Good thing you didn't have to drive at night - your headlights would have been shining a bit high.
Took a piece into the kitchen and weighted it. About

I usually figure air dried to be closer to 4#/BF

my
FYI wreckers.... I've been told that Chef did not ask my MIL to go out in damn cold weather to help load the wood.

Yes - I almost cut them up for kindling, but after I found the second one I threw them off to the side. Then I found the 3rd one and figured somebody may like them. I thought they would make a nice outhouse seat, but who need 3 of them :) (My MIL likes her fireplace and 4/4 #3 common cherry makes for a great firestarter.)
I sold them to a local

them
Allright... It's official now. YOU SUCK! Looks like you made a silk purse out of a sows ear on that one.

it
Sorry - a few years back my Father-in -law and I planted about 1000 acorns on the farm. The next year we were going to do walnuts. My mom has about a dozen big walnut trees in her yard that give up a truck load of walnuts each fall, which I took out to the farm to plant. Along came kidney cancer and the walnuts were soon forgotten about and they sat on the hayrack until the bags biodegraded around them. Any other pieces of wood on the farm are saved for me so I can someday build something for my kids and tell them the wood came from Grandpa Lee's.
Mike
Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

So *that's* why the temperature dropped 60 degrees overnight.
You suck so much that we're going to have to coin some new term. Suckage just doesn't cover this.
The voices in the head of "Master Chef Richard Campbell"
in

Now that is a gloat well worth crowing about!
--
This sig free text brought to you by the letters s, i & g