Gloat! (Almost...)

Well after having a kerf close on a board I was ripping causing it to kick back from the TS through the back window of the shop last week I decided to get a real splitter. Stopped by the Columbus OH Woodcraft the other day to grab some router bits and came across a Merlin (made by Excalibur) splitter. Regular price $115. On big time sale- got it for $28.75! This would qualify as a big gloat except the savings will be needed to replace the glass in the window :( Anyway, I got it installed this a.m. and it's freaking great! Removes and installs in seconds. The splitter even came with a piece of neoprene to replace the back of my Excalibur overhead guard so both can be used together. Ripped up a few sheets of ply and some other stock to make some cabinets and am very happy with it. If your in the Columbus OH area, there are several of these splitters on the back shelf next to the hardware. I don't think there is another one that will fit a Jet Xacta lefty or Uni lefty, but there were 6 boxes or so still there that will fit other saws. Keep in mind, Excalibur got bought by General Canada who I hear is now sourcing these parts out to China so make sure you open the box and make sure everything is there as there won't be any customer support through Excaliber should there be a problem. Probably why they are on clearance now. But for $28 is was a great buy! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I've wanted to get one of these but they don't make one for my saw (Ridgid TS2424), damn it. Congrats on the buy.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Was this buyout recent? I bought an Excaliber TS fence about a year or two ago also at woodcraft. It was 80% off (Yes 80). Anyway a few parts were missing. I gave them a call and they sent the parts out to me no questions asked. No charges at all. I just gave them the list of missing items, and I had them in about a week. I'd hate to see customer service like that disappear.

Mitch

Reply to
MB