Gloat: Actual wood subject

I won a locally avaiable eBay auction for a Lobo Horizontal Boring machine with a two drill gear head for $127.50. Of course it is California so there is 10% sales tax and they want a $50 handling fee (kind of cheesy) so, still less than 10% of the cost of a new unit. Also comes with 8 bits.
I almost got it for $20 by doing a last few seconds bid but some other jack tried to get it for $120 and I was willing to pay $350 so I auto outbid him. It usually goes the other way but I win this time.
It is like this one but of course well used. http://www.lobomachine.com/products_detail.asp?id (
I pick it up today at lunch.

Good find. Good price.
I presume you have plans for this horizontal boring machine, right? ;-)

Yeah, I have wanted one for a long time. I have a few different products that can really benefit from the consistency and accuracy of this type of setup. I have some Adirondack chairs that I sell knocked down and they have several pairs of matching holes for carriage bolts. Also I do craftsman spindles with dowels and it is a pain to do the spreader and especially the ends of the spindles. A few fixtures and this machine and it is dreamville. This unit is 2hp like the Grizzly. The Delta is only 1hp and costs more.

Sounds like a great deal. If it slides and can do mortises, that would be really sweet.

My drill press is 1/2 hp and the largest bit I ever used is a 2 1/4 bit, other than a fly cutter. I don't recall it ever even thinking about slowing down. 1 HP may not drill an oil well, but 2 hp should be good for at least a water well:-)
--
Jack

let alone a gloat that I have forgotten how the exact phrase goes. Think it is something like YOU SUCK!!!!