Gloat?

It's been awhile since I scored a really good one, but I believe I may have made up for lost time.

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand. Overall the saw is in excellent condition but missing some small (but expensive) parts like the blade clamps and clamp carriers. With those and an upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for me

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Oh hell yeah you suck ...

Reply to
Swingman

Yup, certainly worth bragging about!

Reply to
Leon

Nah, it's not a "You Suck" until we know for sure that he can get it working properly for his estimated $150.

For now it's a "You Might Suck" ~ not nearly as good.

Reply to
Dave

It's been awhile since I scored a really good one, but I believe I may have made up for lost time.

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand. Overall the saw is in excellent condition but missing some small (but expensive) parts like the blade clamps and clamp carriers. With those and an upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for me

Is it worth the bragging rights? ======================================================================= YES!

Reply to
CW

Looks like you have the right to gloat.

Reply to
woodchucker

Took a bit of the edge off it tonight, I guess. Did a complete assessment of the saw (had done quite a bit before even seeing it as I've been negotiating with the seller more or less sight unseen for a couple of weeks.

However, when all is said and done, the order placed with Advanced Machinery in Delaware (Hegner's sole distribution point in the US) I'll have all the upgrades, all the blade holders and - other than the wear on the finish - a like new Polymax 3 for about $500 total investment.

I'd seen these at the shows, of course, but never handled one. What a solid beast. German engineering at its best. But, man o man, are those parts expensive.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused