Gloat

Page 1 of 2
I've had a few decent finds on CL, but this one tops 'em all. Bosch 1613 EVS 2hp plunge router; Rockler router table; 8 decent half-inch shank bits, a nice variety of finger boards and hold-downs, two 24" Bessey clamps, and a nice adjustable roller stand -- $130. Woo-hoo.

Nice, very nice buy.
By now you should know the routine: "You (insert rude word or phrase)"
Have fun with it.
RonB
On Thu, 26 May 2011 16:04:37 -0700, RonB wrote:

I always liked "Thou mayest consider thyself the recipient of an obscene gesture".

Good find. ^5
Sonny
"RonB" wrote:

Looks like you survived the tornadoes.
How close did they get?
Lew

Joplin is about 55 mile southeast of here. The storm that caused all of the trouble actually formed over Wilson County that borders us to the west. As it passed over us in Neosho County it ballooned and dumped some hail, 3" of rain, and then really strengthened as it moved south east. There was another pretty heavy and damaging band that passed a few miles south Wednesday, but it missed us.
Just makes you sick. Joplin is a great town. As bad as it is now, I think it will take time to really realize the overall impact on the four state area. Joplin is a regional crossroads for commerce and medical care.
To make matters works, the Westboro nut-gang from Topeka is planning on protesting the Sunday Memorial.
RonB
On Fri, 27 May 2011 06:25:10 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

Glad you're ok, I can appreciate near misses.

fond of the area and people.
Joplin took a bad human toll, this kind of thing affects people for generations.

These are Godless, heartless bastards, maybe the good people of Joplin will show them the door.

basilisk

One day, they'll pay big for that crazy behaviour of theirs.
On Fri, 27 May 2011 06:25:10 -0700, RonB wrote:

Is it too much to ask for a small, powerful, tightly focused tornado?
Just be careful - they make a living by suing people who harass them.

On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:42:00 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

Pray on it, guys. Let 'em see how far they get suing GOD. ;)
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour
In article

Any way to convince the authorities that they're looters who should be shot in sight?
"RonB" wrote:

the west. As it passed over us in Neosho County it ballooned and dumped some hail, 3" of rain, and then really strengthened as it moved south east. There was another pretty heavy and damaging band that passed a few miles south Wednesday, but it missed us.
Just makes you sick. Joplin is a great town. As bad as it is now, I think it will take time to really realize the overall impact on the four state area. Joplin is a regional crossroads for commerce and medical care. ----------------------------- When it comes to tornadoes, ANY miss is a good one.
My guess is that Joplin and surrounding aeras that got hit will get on with life and the rebuilding process just like that town in Kansas a few years ago.
There is no doubt there will be scars, but that's just part of life I guess.
Glad to see you are OK.

If that coincides with Obama's visit on Sunday, could be interesting.
Lew

family of a deceased soldier who is in mourning. In this case they are harassing an entire region that is in shock, Many are desperate and exhausted. I doubt if any of them want to screw with a bunch of whackos
RonB

I also have a feeling that the impact of the disaster and low tolerance for bullshit could be a trigger for a reaction which The Whacos didn't see coming. There's going to be a few with a feeling of nothing-left-to-lose.

Can I volunteer for the jury?
On Sun, 29 May 2011 07:14:09 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

One can only hope :-).

Apparently they did see it coming - they didn't show up :-).

with pointing out the fact that he has horse shoes up his ass.
On Thu, 26 May 2011 21:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Would you care to give the Canuckistani origin of that quaint thought, sir? I've heard of horse shoes for luck, but that particularly poignant positioning is new.
P.S: Z3, YOU SUCK!
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour
On 5/27/11 9:01 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

time, despite the uncomfortable implications. HTH I didn't realize it was a Canadianizm.
--
Froz...