Gloat

I've had a few decent finds on CL, but this one tops 'em all. Bosch

1613 EVS 2hp plunge router; Rockler router table; 8 decent half-inch shank bits, a nice variety of finger boards and hold-downs, two 24" Bessey clamps, and a nice adjustable roller stand -- $130. Woo-hoo.
Reply to
Z3Driver

Nice, very nice buy.

By now you should know the routine: "You (insert rude word or phrase)"

Have fun with it.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I always liked "Thou mayest consider thyself the recipient of an obscene gesture".

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Good find. ^5

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

phrase)"

--------------------------------- Looks like you survived the tornadoes.

How close did they get?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hey, when somebody gets a deal like that, there isn't anything wrong with pointing out the fact that he has horse shoes up his ass.

Reply to
Robatoy

This begs the question, Suckmaster General, was that the CL advertised price, or are you one hell of a horse trader?

RicodJour

Would you care to give the Canuckistani origin of that quaint thought, sir? I've heard of horse shoes for luck, but that particularly poignant positioning is new.

P.S: Z3, YOU SUCK!

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Joplin is about 55 mile southeast of here. The storm that caused all of the trouble actually formed over Wilson County that borders us to the west. As it passed over us in Neosho County it ballooned and dumped some hail, 3" of rain, and then really strengthened as it moved south east. There was another pretty heavy and damaging band that passed a few miles south Wednesday, but it missed us.

Just makes you sick. Joplin is a great town. As bad as it is now, I think it will take time to really realize the overall impact on the four state area. Joplin is a regional crossroads for commerce and medical care.

To make matters works, the Westboro nut-gang from Topeka is planning on protesting the Sunday Memorial.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

It implies an individual has lots of luck, and grab a bit more at any time, despite the uncomfortable implications. HTH I didn't realize it was a Canadianizm.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Sounds like a death or a divorce.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Glad you're ok, I can appreciate near misses.

SWMBO obeyed used to travel a lot to Joplin on business, she was always fond of the area and people.

Joplin took a bad human toll, this kind of thing affects people for generations.

These are Godless, heartless bastards, maybe the good people of Joplin will show them the door.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Is it too much to ask for a small, powerful, tightly focused tornado?

Just be careful - they make a living by suing people who harass them.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

One day, they'll pay big for that crazy behaviour of theirs.

Reply to
Robatoy

Any way to convince the authorities that they're looters who should be shot in sight?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

of the trouble actually formed over Wilson County that borders us to the west. As it passed over us in Neosho County it ballooned and dumped some hail, 3" of rain, and then really strengthened as it moved south east. There was another pretty heavy and damaging band that passed a few miles south Wednesday, but it missed us.

Just makes you sick. Joplin is a great town. As bad as it is now, I think it will take time to really realize the overall impact on the four state area. Joplin is a regional crossroads for commerce and medical care.

----------------------------- When it comes to tornadoes, ANY miss is a good one.

My guess is that Joplin and surrounding aeras that got hit will get on with life and the rebuilding process just like that town in Kansas a few years ago.

There is no doubt there will be scars, but that's just part of life I guess.

Glad to see you are OK.

on protesting the Sunday Memorial.

If that coincides with Obama's visit on Sunday, could be interesting.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Pray on it, guys. Let 'em see how far they get suing GOD. ;)

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It could be interesting anyway. It is bad enough to pick out the family of a deceased soldier who is in mourning. In this case they are harassing an entire region that is in shock, Many are desperate and exhausted. I doubt if any of them want to screw with a bunch of whackos

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I also have a feeling that the impact of the disaster and low tolerance for bullshit could be a trigger for a reaction which The Whacos didn't see coming. There's going to be a few with a feeling of nothing-left-to-lose.

Reply to
Robatoy

Can I volunteer for the jury?

Reply to