Gloat

At a yard sale yesterday:
#1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had ever been sharpened. Total of 19 different tools. 2 unopened MT2 pen mandrel sets, 2 pen drilling jigs, one pen assembly press, a box of assorted pen blanks, a pair of pen blank trimming tools, a dozen pen kits, 2 new bottles of Hut polish, Hut wax sticks, two new long push pads for a jointer, centering marker, tool bag, and a box of miscellaneous mandrels, spare bushings, replacement cutters for the pen trimming tools, pen assembly tools, etc. Price $125,
#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the paint on the tool rest. Price $150.
#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.
Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.
Regards, Roy

I hope you get gingivitus! :|
nb
That explains the wind today...
You suck.
Roy wrote:

Just think... the same thing will happen to our stuff in time.

Not if you train your kids right... mine will likely be fighting over my stuff. ;~) "
I want the L-N No 7..." "NO, I want it!" "I said I wanted it first!" "That's not fair, you took the L-N No 5 already...."
John

<snip of suckage>

Definitely a keeper.
Luigi
"Luigi Zanasi" wrote: Definitely a keeper. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes--not only did she get you what you wanted, but she saved $75 to boot.
Don't know what the protocal is here - but in rec.woodworking - the obligatory response to your gloat is
YOU SUCK!
[ usually said while turning green with envy ; ) ]

I've turned green, but usually used a gouge - how do you do it with envy?
Concur with the rest, suckage happening.
You taught her well

You suck, alright. SWMBO would make *me* get out the Franklins. She's smart enough not to carry that much cash.