Gloat??

Went to the auction today. There were 2 planes and a workmate in 1 lot. Picked up a tattered No. 3 and a decent No. 8. Also got the workmate and a Craftsman 315-25070 router. (Is this router decent? It looks to be older and has the handle trigger. Plastic micro adjuster on the side. If so it would still serve as #3 on my depth chart. How about a for a permanent router in a table?) Total Cost: 35.00
Next saw a #3 and a 9 1/2 in another box. When the auctioneer got to it he threw in another box next to it. Gat it for 45.00. Aside from the aforementioned planes, I dug and discovered treasures. 2 T-Bevel squares in great shape, 3 stick rules, brand new Exacto knives, Stanley plumb bob. 2 try squares, nice old Strait line chalk box, 3 old school brass doorknobs in boxes w/ keys. 2 boxed glass doorknobs. Stanley combo square and last but not least 3 50 ft Lufkin tapes. Not bad for 80.00 huh???
I love auctions! Sometimes you get good deals like this, but 2/3 of the time you get a couple of guys who bid the price up to double the value. A couple of weeks ago I waited around 4 hours for a couple of #8s and I couldn't even get my hand up to bid before it went way over what I thought I'd have to bid to get them. Oh well, there's always another auction just around the corner. Nice score on your wins!
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA