gloat

I was helping my father-in-law gave me a stihl 032 AV chain saw, it's little older, was made in West Germany, hasn't been run in who knows when. I poured out the old gas put in new mixed gas and it started right up.

Reply to
Richard Clements

Richard Clements wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ftp1.boidmz.fiberpipe.net:

Now make sure the chain is sharp. Work safely. Nice gift.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

A gift doesn't count as a gloat.

You have to take advantage of someone's ignorance or error. (though I suppose finding something counts also; I am not sure how that fits in)

Reply to
toller

I'd consider that a gloat. Anything that's obtained for free or much less than it's market cash value is a gloat to me.

Reply to
Upscale

Would this include driving 500 miles to cut 8 8' logs (smallest about

12" in diameter) of maple to mill?
Reply to
Odinn

I think it's a gloat, because it ilicited the visceral "you suck" response in at least one reader. Isn't that the test, or did that change and I missed the memo?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

There are cash costs, and there are other costs. Beware the mother-in-law who gives you a lawnmower, and yet, still has a lawn to mow.

Reply to
Patriarch

Good Gloat Richard.

My chainsaw came to me from the bottom of a river after a flood. I am not very mechanical but managed to strip it down, clean it up and reassemble it with not too many bits left over. It started first time and and has served me well for the last five years.

Cheers Bill New Zealand

Reply to
Bill D

Perhaps I've mislabeled mine, then. I try not to take advantage of people, and I certainly wouldn't brag about it in any forum if I had. I'd consider a nice unexpected gift a gloat, but I suppose everyone's got their own ideas about it. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus