Glider Rocker

I have recently built a glider rocker according to the plans rockler sells. I'm not to happy with it. Part of the problem is the "rocking" action due to what seems to be poor pivot geometry. Does anyone have any information on designing proper piviot geometry for gliders? Thanks in advance. Allen in Sheboygan

Reply to
Allen

I suspect one or both double spring mechanism (unit), which straddles the rocker surfaces on each side, is positioned incorrectly OR... The rocker surfaces do not have the correct arc to one or both OR.... The guage of the springs are not appropriate for that particular chair.

What exactly is the rocker action doing wrong? 1) uneven rocking action, 2) rocks too far forward, 3) rocks too far back, 4) rocks too far forward and back?

Did the double spring units come with the/a kit or did you purchase the double spring units separately? There are different guages of wire/spring used on platform rockers, recliner rockers, etc..... Depends on the chair, as to what guage of spring is appropriate for the particular chair. Did the plans recommend a particular guage of spring units to be used?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny