@#$%^&* glasses

That shit should be outlawed for use on a windshield.

Reply to
Robatoy

Only at 40 below in sub-arctic banana belts. It works magnificently here in the States. Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Goggles going to be interesting at the checkout line or worse - the Bank.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

How long has it been since you had a pair of polycarbonate lenses?

I ask, because there are many different types of poly nowadays, and some like my last pair are the most scratch resistant of any I have ever had, by many times over.

I just had to order a new pair, since they got crushed, somehow. I only hope they are as good. They had better be, for the price. New frames and transitions bifocals, 284 bucks. I about chocked on that, but I will not have a pair without transitions (darkening and UV protection) lenses.

Reply to
Morgans

"Robatoy" wrote >>

Why? I love the stuff. At highway speeds, not using wipers gives a clear view better than using wipers.

Reply to
Morgans

-------------------------------- Never.

Based on how I take care of glasses, perhaps mishandle is a better description, have been advised to stay with glass.

------------------------------------- > I just had to order a new pair, since they got crushed, somehow. I only

------------------------------ Sounds like you got a deal to me.

I wear a lens ground from 62mm blank for an aviator (RayBan) type frame, trifocals and photo gray lenses.(Darkening for glass)

Corning is the only supplier and they are very proud of their 62mm lenses.

(A shade under $400 for the last pair including frames and that included a discount as a repeat customer.)

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Had that happen on the bike once. Of course the lens was gone--I doubt it would have been much good after bouncing down the highway at

40 mph and getting run over a few times even if I could have found it. Fortunately it was my sunglasses and I had my clears in the tank bag so it was no big deal. Got the goggles shortly after that.
Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
J. Clarke

Some kind of plastic--doesn't really matter--250 pounds in a riding boot will do for any of them.

Reply to
J. Clarke

snipped-for-privacy@hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local:

Mine are WileyX--they're small, not like aviator goggles. And they don't really address fogging that much.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If I manage to step on my face, I think breaking my glasses will be the least of my worries.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I've got one of the Tritons with powered filter that works fine, but they're getting scarce in the US.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I can't wear contacts. Can manage them for a month or so but eventually they get very uncomfortable for me. And that includes one time use disposables so it's not my cleaning.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Actually that's not a horrible price for polycarbonate Transitions. Personally I've never been impressed with photochromic lenses though.

And you don't need to do anything to polycarbonate to get UV protection anyway.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Because everytime the wiper travels across the windsheild the grease left from the RainX garbage makes a haze that you can't see through. Then after two or three seconds the haze disapears and the windsheild gets clear again. Driving without wipers usually gives a better view, sometimes.

The stuff could be considered dangerous and probably should be banned. It's like driving with your head up your ass half the time. Pehaps in a warmer weather it may work.

"Robatoy" wrote >>

That shit (rain-X) should be outlawed for use on a windshield.

Reply to
Josepi

When polycarbonate meter covers replaced the glass ones the demo was to throw a meter down an ashphalt road about 50 metres. The result? Not a scratch for hardened polycarbonates. A gunshot was laso demonstrated. I didn't get to see that one. Tougher than glass, anyday.

Reply to
Josepi

You need glasses as a woodworker anyway.

Reply to
Josepi

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f20g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

I hate the fabric type ones, and since I'm bearded with glasses, those really don't work well (IMNSHO). I bought the Triton powered respirator for too many $$ a few years back, and like it a lot. Now I retired, I'll get to use it more ... I only need to find out what to do about fumes from finishing stuff.

Reply to
Han

I bet it's corrosive, huh? :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Get some of the rain x windshield washer fluid. That will cut off the extra treatment and get rid of the haze problem.

The washer fluid alone will do a good job, and not cause any haze problem.

Reply to
Morgans