GIZZIE

http://www.runnerduck.com/gizzie
I'm not very certain I'd like to make one of these and then give it to a kid The sun shining thru looks like it's looking for something to set on fire. Personally, I think I'd either pass on this one; or make one, use it once, then dismantle it. I've got a glass ball that sits on a little battery powered stand that projecs colored light thru the ball and on to the ceiling. Neat, but the instructions very specifically state not to set it where sunlight will ever shine on it, because it could start a fire. I can just see a kid playing with one of these gizmos in the sun, then setting it in the shade when he/she got tired of it, then the sun later shine on it. No thanks.