Giving Up Woodworking? Was "Jimmy Carter website.."

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:20:47 GMT, "Charles Self"

I love woodworking as a hobby and the machines and tools I own. With these machines and tools I turn lumbers into functional things I need around the house. Beside woodworking, I also love sex (no offence please, in heaven naked and no sex permitted?), travel, music, books and other activities too numerous to mention. To give up all these activities and go to heaven doing nothing forever is just not worth it, especially living with liars and murders?
Charles Bull wrote:

Hey guys,
IMHO, many will be surprised when their final destination is revealed. I'm hoping for the better but I know what I deserve. We are all just people, not gods(little g intentional).I can not say who is a Christian or who is not. Only you and your maker know where you stand. And even that may be wrong. I sometimes wonder if I really know where I stand.
A person's actions judge that person more than any amount of attention you give to those actions. OR, What a person does, speaks more directly of his character than anything that could possibly said about him.
We are ultimately responsible for what others think of us. If we promote the image of ourselves as a fool, then we will be perceived as such. A genius IQ commands no respect from a man who no-one understands or cares to listen to. Likewise a person whose condescending attitude and judgemental speaking habits are the mainstays of his personality, will have a hard time projecting a good Christian testimony.
Christianity, or any other religion is not enough to make you upright and wise in all other eyes. You have to live the part and lead by example. Just believing and labeling yourself is falling considerably short of the mark. Walking with your Lord is a task that many can't handle. I for one, fall behind and have a terrible time catching up. I don't believe that the mercy of God, whoever your God is, is enough to make any of us a judge, jury or executioner. We have to work out our own salvation. Not everyone else's.
Tom in KY, remembering some old Hank Williams songs, the general message is, what I'm doing ain't none of your business so go back to whatever you hypocrites do. In other words, he knew where he stood, and wasn't trying to cram his religion down anybody's throat like they were trying to do to him, all the while ignoring their own faults.
On 28 Dec 2005 11:02:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Amen
By their actions - so shall you know them.
What you do to the least of mine - you do to me.
Be good to each other, lend a hand when you can and try to leave the place better than you found it. If you do these things, what comes next shouldn't worry you any.
charlie b

That's the GOLDEN RULE, wouldn't it be nice if everyone live by it?
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net said:

To quote Cecil Frances Alexander:
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
If you believe that God made all things, he made those of all colors and regions. Not just those who agree with your particular brand of religion.
It may turn out that you ALL end up _very_ surprised...
Yadda, Yadda, IMHO, etc...
Greg G.

Be careful what you wish for.
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:33:06 GMT, "Leon"

Leon is a smart man.
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:33:06 GMT, "Leon"

Here on earth I choose to live by the Golden Rule helping anyone if I can without expecting anything in returns. I am absolutely certain don't want to go to heaven.
.
On 12/29/2005 8:33 PM Charles Bull mumbled something about the following:

Heaven don't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over.
I know exactly where I'll end up when I die, in the ground.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

What on earth makes you think that liars and murderers are going anyplace, much less heaven?
Bill