give me your ear literally

Hi,

I think my General TS is making a "strange noise" when I start it Most of you know I can't hear nuttin', so I'm not sure, and SWMBO doesn't have any machinery experience.

So what I did is make a recording of the TS, sound only, as it starts, cuts 12" thru half inch plywood, and stops. I uploaded this to abpw.

Can any of you tell from this if it sounds like there may be something not quite right? The rumble at the end is a ding in the drive belt, I know about that one.

PS The file is kinda big, sorry!

james snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

I listened to it, but it sounded like normal start up and shut down. There was a click at the end that I wasn't sure about, but it might have been the wood dropping or possibly a relay shutting down at the end. Didn't sound all that out of the ordinary to me.

Unless, you're saying that it doesn't cut all the way through the plywood and shuts down on its own. Then you've got a problem.

Reply to
Upscale

Sounds normal. I don't hear anything strange at startup.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

If you need a "General Doctor", get ahold of David Eisan.

John

brocpuffs wrote:

Reply to
Eddie Munster

I was hoping he would see this.

I'll watch a little longer, but it sure sounds like my saw is working just fine :-)

Thanks for the replies, people.

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

how's the cut?

if you're getting good cuts, I wouldn't worry about it.

if the belt has a set to it, go ahead and put on a new belt. link belts are supposed to help a lot with that. make sure the tension isn't too high or you'll cook the bearings.

sounds fine to me....

Reply to
bridger