Ginkgo Biloba

Has anyone made anything from Ginkgo Biloba wood? My brother cut up a wind blown down tree and said if I wanted some to make something, I could have all I wanted. The bark peels off quite easily, so after it air dries I will slice 1 " slabs plane a 2 sides and see what the grain looks like. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
oldsalt wrote:

I think so....... but I forget
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

LOL thanks for the laugh!
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 50 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set - GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw - Triton Powered Respirator - Veritas Power Tool Guide - Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo - Band Saw Handbook ------------------------------------------------------------

    If the wood smells anything like the ripe Ginkgo pods, you might as well make a lovely wooden barf pail - that's how they smell. There's a neighborhood in Cambridge, Mass. that has several of these trees, and when the ripe fruit has all fallen to the ground, you will gag from the stink. It's kind of the anti-cedar.
Scott
Scott Cramer wrote:

That's why smart people plant only the male trees.
"George E. Cawthon" wrote:

    Hey, it's Cambridge, Mass., home of Harvard and MIT. Educated, yes - but smart? Who knows?
oldsalt states:

It will not air dry properly in log form. Cut into boards, sticker and stack. Cover and let sit until it is as dry as you need.
Some experts compare it to sugar pine in its qualities. Works well, with ease even with hand tools and is said to stain and finish easily. Straight grain, straw color.
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
Thank you for the info instead of wisecracks!! The only other info was for using the leaves for an herbal memory booster.