Getting rid of old Woodworking Magazines

I should have known better. Multiple subscriptions to woodworking magazines means nearly 4 feet/yr of shelf space. I've cut back, for the past decade, only subscribing to Woodsmith and Shopsmith.

But, I have years of Woodwork (they are defuct now, right?), Wood, and Fine Woodworking that I'm looking to get rid of. Maybe others, I'm still sifting through boxes from my last move. Libraries don't seem interested. And the listings on eBay all seem to go unsold.

Any thoughts on moving these? My priority is finding a good home for them, as I don't imagine there's much money to be gained from selling.

Reply to
JoeTaxpayer

Sounds like a great resource for people if they're in a public library.

Reply to
Michael

A lot of geezers (some woodworkers among them) belong to organizations such as the Elks, Eagles, VFW, Moose, American Legion, etc. Many of these organizations have libraries/book exchanges that might have some room for donations.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Too bad your library won't take them. Our library sells used magazines for $0.20 each and the years old 'woodies' go real fast.

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

JoeTaxpayer wrote in news:l14pk6$o87$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I'd be willing to take the WOOD magazines off your hands. If you'd be willing to ship vs USPS media mail, I'll return shipping when I know the exact amount. I don't expect it to be much more than about $10.

E-mail me at puckdropper (at) yahoo . com

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Let me go though the mix and pull out the WOOD. Will contact you by next weekend. I'll just ask you if you have a time period that you already have. It's mostly 84-late 90's.

Reply to
JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer wrote in news:l150bp$3rr$1@dont- email.me:

Sounds good. I'll make a list. My grandpa had a subscription for about a year/two years, so I don't have a lot of them.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

When we were touring potential retirement homes for my parents, we encountered one that had a woodshop. You might try retirement homes, the kind for active seniors.

Reply to
scritch

Wonderful idea. My MIL lives in such a place, and it has a woodshop.

Reply to
JoeTaxpayer

If you have a local woodworking club, I'm sure they can get rid of them fast.

Reply to
Mac Cool

I should have known better. Multiple subscriptions to woodworking magazines means nearly 4 feet/yr of shelf space. I've cut back, for the past decade, only subscribing to Woodsmith and Shopsmith.

But, I have years of Woodwork (they are defuct now, right?), Wood, and Fine Woodworking that I'm looking to get rid of. Maybe others, I'm still sifting through boxes from my last move. Libraries don't seem interested. And the listings on eBay all seem to go unsold.

Any thoughts on moving these? My priority is finding a good home for them, as I don't imagine there's much money to be gained from selling.

Try Craig List. I got rid of many years of National Geographic this way. WW

Reply to
WW