Getting ready to buy a Unisaw. Need recommendations.

Page 1 of 2

I just placed an ad to sell my Delta Contractor's saw. As soon as it's gone I will order a Unisaw X5 w/50" Unifence. Woodworker's Supply has a good price ($1799) and FREE shipping. Any other places I should look.
I'm not looking for recommendations as to what to buy, just where.
Thanks.
Frank
Where do you live? There is a woodworking show near Baltimore this weekend and the local shop- Skarie- is taking 10% off retail plus Delta is giving back $100 as a rebate. A Uni that I priced with the Biesermyer is costing $1663 before the rebate. I don't know all of the details but the show is at Timonium Fair Grounds, Friday, Sat & Sun Marc
I live in central Delaware and I know about the show, but I can't make it this weekend. Thanks.
Frank

Oh, I forgot to add. Shipping was only $65 if I picked it up at the local freight company.
DonkeyHody
Frank K. wrote:

Frank, would you consider a factory reconditioned Unisaw if you could save about $450? Here's the only place to get them. http://www.redmond-machinery.com I highly recommend Redmond Machinery as an upright place to do business. I couldn't find any evidence my reconditioned saw had ever been used at all.
DonkeyHody "I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the worst and be right."
It was early . . . brain fog I guess. I CAN do math when I'm awake. Estimated savings delivered should be $535 or so.
DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
Where are you at? I know of a person in Houston wanting to sell his Unisaw.

I'm in central Delaware. It may have been worth the trip if I still lived in Austin.

Frank<
I am a big fan of buying from and supporting my local dealer. Most good dealers know that they must be price competitivef and also be able to offer good support after the sale. IMHO it is worth more $ to have a good dealer and alot less hassle of unloading an Unisaw out of a back of a semi. Good luck, Mike
mike wrote:

The dealers in my area are adamant about their prices and won't match online prices.
Dave
David,
Do not expect the local dealer to match on-line prices. They Can Not> They are the show room, they are the knowledge, and they are the ones people come to when they have a problem. Talk with them and work with them and I assure that both parties will be winners. Good Luck, Mike

Actually a local dealer in Houston matches and beats the service of on line prices. They match online pricing, set up and adjust. Delivery is $40, 15 miles away up to 50. AND they have been in business since 1954. That said however I bought from another dealer 2 miles away for $40 more than online but including a free mobile base, delivery, and assembled for a $1200 Delta planer purchase. After the dust settles, both stores are cheaper than on-line.
"Leon" wrote in message

line
15
Ahhh ... good old "Circle Saw".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Yup... I was going to buy my planer from them but Steve at The Cutting Edge was a lot closer and I have known him for about 10 years. He was a few bucks more.
I don't have a local dealer since Woodworker's Warehouse went belly-up. The closest other place is Woodcraft (50 miles) and their prices are not what I would call competitive. Home Depot sells it "online only" for about $200 more plus $144 freight. Again not local. If I cross a state line, there is the issue of $ale$ tax, ga$ and toll$. Not a good scenario.
Frank

sorry about that Frank, my local Woodcraft store (60 miles) away is very competitive and easy to work with. Most of the time thet are cheaper than on-line and so nice to deal with. The manager, Carson Lewis, does a great job. Sometimes the lowest price is Not the best price. good luck with your purchase. Mike

Frank,
I live in Northern DE (Bear; grew up in Dover) and I bet if you got into negotiations with the Woodcraft guys in New Castle they would cut you a break. Last time I was there they had a ton of them in stock.
Let me know ow you do, as I'm looking at one too :)
- Matt

In the catalog I received yesterday, Woodworker's Supply (www.woodworker.com) is offering Unisaws with 50" Bies for $1,499 with a free mobile base. It doesn't appear that these are X5 nor does it say anything about shipping, but it might be worth checking out.
Gary
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:13:14 GMT, "Gary in Virginia"

I got a Uni from them eighteen months ago on that same deal. It can't be beat. No they're not X5s (who cares), and yes, free shipping.
They're also nice folks to work with.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I totally agree with buying from a local dealer. It is seldom that I buy a piece of equipment that arrives perfect. The local dealer is a lot easier to deal with if there is a problem than someone on the phone that may also be dealing with a person with defective pots and pans. Additionally my dealer is competitive considering that he delivers and assembles for the same price as carry out. I have to tweak the adjustments but I do not have to lift the 350+# equipment myself.