Getting Dirty

Hi
When building, woodwork things tend to get grubby, and the wood needs to be kept completely clean on this project. Cleaning it afterwards has not been very successful in the past. What's the best way to keep it nice and clean? Washing hands every 20 minutes? Varnish before cutting?
Regards, NT

A coat of 50% varnish/meths. It depends on what you will be doing with it after though. You could cut it thinner if it is going to get only moderate handling. It's one of "those" types of questions I believe?

Sand it and wipe off with a tack cloth. Some use cans of compressed air. If you are ytalikng about when you work, I use a bib 42" fan blowing on my project and myself to bkow the dust outside the garage door. Works fine for me. But then it never have gotten very cold here in Arkansas since I moved here 3 years ago.
On 13 Nov 2003 10:25:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote:

On 13 Nov 2003, Lawrence A. Ramsey spake unto rec.woodworking:

    You might want to use that fan next time, if you're planning to post right after spreading contact cement, Larry ;^)
I wear vinyl disposable gloves when I sand, to avoid oils from my hands spoiling the freshly cleaned surfaces. Other than that, I really don't worry about it too much. Just be careful about sweat dripping out of the gloves on a hot day when raising your arms, spoiling a wet finish. DAMHIKT.
DAVE
N. Thornton wrote:

(N. Thornton) wrote:

Surfaced wood is clean, so if your hands are clean to begin with, they will stay that way unless you handle something that isn't clean. When you do, wash your hands before touching the wood. To keep from contaminating bare wood surfaces with skin oils, dust your hands occasionally with clean sawdust.

Unless it is going to be a long job, 'acquire' some of those nice free plastic gloves from your local petrol station and throw them away regularly.
I remember reading in a Ceiling Installers Association of America handbook to dust your hands with cornmeal before installing the tiles which, as we know, pick up dirt like crazy.