general table saw

I have a general table saw (the one made in Canada.) The blade jammed and the saw stopped working. Does anyone know where the reset button is on this saw. I took the switch apart, but can't get it going again. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.
Thanks.

If there's a reset button, it's likely on the side of the motor.
I found the reset button on the side of the motor, but it doesn't do anything.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Here's a guess:
Just how long was the motor jammed before you cut power? How was power cut? By you flipping the switch or the breaker kicking out?
I wonder if the motor overheated to the point where a weak link in the motor - the winding, a solder joint, etc. blew out like a fuse.
Just a thought but one I'd certainly look into.
Let it cool, then press it harder. Most resets take a lot of force to reset. Don't bang on it, just a good firm push with your thumb...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You did check the breaker? JG
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Nah! he didn't need to. it's _already_ broke. <groan>
Check the breaker, or (as in my shop) the breaker built in to the extension cords.
John C

Thanks,
i wasn't pushing the breaker hard enough. Works fine now!!!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Made in Canada = "push a little harder." <G>