general table saw

I have a general table saw (the one made in Canada.) The blade jammed and the saw stopped working. Does anyone know where the reset button is on this saw. I took the switch apart, but can't get it going again. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Reply to
cjscurria

If there's a reset button, it's likely on the side of the motor.

Reply to
Upscale

I found the reset button on the side of the motor, but it doesn't do anything.

Reply to
cjscurria

Nah! he didn't need to. it's _already_ broke.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Here's a guess:

Just how long was the motor jammed before you cut power? How was power cut? By you flipping the switch or the breaker kicking out?

I wonder if the motor overheated to the point where a weak link in the motor - the winding, a solder joint, etc. blew out like a fuse.

Just a thought but one I'd certainly look into.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Check the breaker, or (as in my shop) the breaker built in to the extension cords.

John C

Reply to
snowdog

Thanks,

i wasn't pushing the breaker hard enough. Works fine now!!!

Reply to
cjscurria

Made in Canada = "push a little harder."

Reply to
Robatoy