General shutting Main plant

From a fine woodworking email: This is sad, as I like their tools. And choice is always good.
The number of woodworking machines made in North America is about to get even smaller. General Mfg., the Canadian woodworking machinery manufacturer that has been in business since 1946, will be closing its main factory in Canada this fall.
According to the company, the plant closing will allow the company “to increase efficiency by combining all Canadian operations under one roof and by eliminating non-profitable SKUs from our product mix.” The closing means General will focus its business resources on the General International, General CNC, and Excalibur lines of woodworking machines. It’s not clear at this time if any machines from General Mfg. will be appear under any of these umbrellas. The company says warranty service and replacement parts for General Mfg. tools will be available through General International.
General International will be at IWF in Atlanta this year (booth #5053), so we'll get a firsthand look at what is to come, this August. We'll also update the story as it develops over the summer.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 6/18/2012 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

I guess that means that one of the best table saws on the market is going to be phased out.
βœ–
On 6/18/2012 10:13 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Anybody read Atlas Shrugged (again) lately?
Add pictures here
βœ–