General International Contractors Saw Alignment

I am having trouble aligning my General Saw. I have a PALS adjustment system and a dial indicator - I can not move the rear trunnion enough to bring the blade in alignment. Any suggestions?

Reply to
John Smith

I had no trouble. I loosened three of the four bolts and the whole thing moved no problem. The back two are easy; you have to feel around a little for one of the two in the front. Sean

Reply to
mrcomp_ca

Have you made sure the tie bars are parallel? I've aligned mine with just a dial indicator (no need for PALS). I am on my second 50-185 from GI. They replaced the first under warranty because it went way out of alignment when beveled to 45. The replacment saw had a problem similar to yours (at least it sounds like it). Make sure the rod for the saw bevel wheel is not preventing you from moving past a certain point. I had to remove the collars on the inside and outside.

By the way, the second saw has the EXACT same problem the first one did when beveling. Others in this group have had similar problems with the bevel. Can't say I'm happy with GI even though they gave me a new saw. There seems to be a design problem since nobody (GI support or dealer support) seems to think it is a setup problem.

Good luck.

Reply to
dsnail