General Finish stains and dyes - thumbs up

Have started working with these water-based products and so far my experience has been great. Just did a job for a client who want to match the stain /colour of a factory-finished ash hardwood floor to unfinished ash stair treads and risers. It only took me four sample mixes to get close.
Am doing a solid oak bookcase for another client who wants it to match their bedroom suite. This time, three tries and nailed it.
The only downside is that I'm working in 35C temps and low humidity, so it's drying a little too fast on larger surfaces to rub the excess off, but using a damp cloth instead of a dry one seems to solve the problem.
I have had one can of sanding sealer that was jello rather than liquid, but I just took it back to LV on my next visit. Customer service reply from GF was less than 4 hours after I sent a query about the problem.
All in all, very nice products.
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:40:29 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Was this a sealer you've had before? As I'm sure you're aware, some finishing products are Gel finishes which can aid when it comes to spreading a product.

Yes, I've used it before. It should be liquid. The tech at GF said I could add water to thin it but as I had just opened the can I simply returned it.

I'm pretty sure you've heard of these guys in Saskatoon, but JUST in case you hadn't, I found them a pleasure to deal with.
http://www.woodessence.com/Default.aspx
(I had a woofer reconing business in my neighbourhood for years and never knew about it, so just because you're both in Da Toon, don't mean nuttin.)

sonomabeech! I did not know about them...
I have to head out in a bit to get a new blade for the circ saw, and will have to stop by.
Looks like they have a great selection of shellac flakes, and will have to try their dyes and stains.
Tenjewberrymush!