General bandsaw, the saga continues/

So after driving 200 miles to a pipe and tobacco show I was all set for an afternoon on the couch with the football game, newspaper and my dog. There it was, a General 18 inch Bandsaw for sale and it was only 50 miles away. Remembering the Generals we have in the shop I called the guy and we agreed to meet. The saw was spotless and kind of looked like a General only different. It was squarish and had a great table but it was only 6 feet high. (my 20 was 7 feet). I put it through it's paces and we agreed on a price and I took it home. You would not guess to look at it but it weighs

451 pounds. The only thing easy to tale off was the table. There was nobody around and I stared at it for an hour hoping to levitate it out of the truck. I finally figured now or never and pulled it out and got it to the shopfox rolling base that came with it. An hour of putting it back together and changing plugs and stuff and I made a test cut. Sliced 1/16 inch slabs off of a 4x6. I think I'll keep it. Max
Reply to
max