Garden project

We were recently at the arboretum in Raleigh. They had four leg structure over some of the flowering climbing plants. They were basically four legs, with a ladder like arrangement up each side. They were from about 6' to 10' tall.

Question has any one ever made any thing like this?

If so how did you anchor it so it would not blow over?

Would it be suitable for as a support of the wind vane that my wife bought me for Christmas.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Could't you use rebar and stake it deep in the ground and run it up the weather vanes leg?

Reply to
woodchucker

sounds like a climbing trellis you describe you can stake it down with your favorite material that will survive in ground

Reply to
Electric Comet

Is this what you are referring to?

If so, it seems to me that with those angles, just a little extra length on each leg, buried in the ground would be support enough. (The wood should to treated for ground contact.)

For even more security, add a length of rebar or angle iron perpendicular to the bottom of each leg and bury that. The angle of the legs are going to add a lot of natural resistance to wind blowing from the "opposite" side.

Reply to
DerbyDad03