Garbage for sale at Home Depot

Page 7 of 7

"John Emmons" wrote in message

Sure ... and that's why the federal government (your taxes) recently agreed to pay $1 billion to border states for this very reason?
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/10/heallth.illegal.ap /
(and BTW, it's CNN, far removed from some neo-con website!)
To deny that there is a crisis in this sector of our economy, caused by illegal immigration, is downright foolish and shows total ignorance of reality.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05
Swingman wrote:

those that hire them. Haven't seen any elected official seriously propose that. Or maybe there's another way? GWB gave it some thought (?) a few years ago. Anything happened since? Maybe the vigilance committees are the answer?     hoping for some rational ideas,     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote in message

IMO, a guest worker program, as instituted in many European countries, is a sensible answer to the dilemma on both sides. I can't imagine why a guest worker would not work better than the chaos we have, however, parity is a bad thing in a two party system ... the slimness of a fluid majority encourages political cowardice and currying of favor with the interest groups that oppose the idea.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05
Swingman wrote:

Do you think anyone in the current (or recent past) administrations knows about "braceros". Can GWB learn from that?     j4
California had a Bracero program that was tried more than 60 years ago, no longer around. Work permits for Mexican workers.

So, if you're a good person, breaking the law is okay? Illegal aliens are just that, law breakers whether they are good people or not.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:49:24 GMT, the opaque jo4hn

Hey, wasn't Swingy just railing on -me- about OT posts?
--
ALL YOUR FEARS ARE LIES
-----------------------
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Try your whining "political potshots" ... you need to work on your filtering there, "bubba".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Because it still hurts? Because you won't be able to work if you're all bandaged up?
I think that it's at least partly the way they learned. Watching my uncles work, when I was a kid, scared the crap out of me. Thoughts on acceptable risk have changed a bit over the years. Ask an old farmer.
Patriarch
"Patriarch" wrote in message

Hell, I _am_ an old farmer. :)
However, while you do win some ... you lose in the end no matter what.
Read Galsworthy's "Forsyte Saga", if you haven't already. Old Jolyon's tale is as topical today as it was in 1900.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Exactly. When was the last time you saw a kid fall under a disker. Things have changed a lot.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Charlie Self wrote:

The company that ran that ad makes its stuff in NJ, really. What a hoot. Get a couple a ropes. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

An attitude with which I whole heartedly concur! Do it YOUR way!
Nobody knows who THEY are, or will be, whenever, anyhow.
Patriarch