Garbage for sale at Home Depot

Page 2 of 7

spake:

That might as well vote for Astro the dog. It would be nice to get someone in ofice that wasn't from the Big Two but I doubt I'll ever see it.
I have no opinion.
Bruce T wrote:

People who buy this are people who want to. People who do not have an insight into how to tell a quality piece of furniture from a POS. People who see the price and compare it to another price of a similar looking piece. People who want to. Step out of your shoes and into someone's who is totally ignorant of the furniture trade and you probably would buy it to. This same principle applies to other products as well. Camera's - If know nothing about photography and and don't really care, just want a snap shot occasionally buy a cheapo camera, otherwise spend a months pay on one.
Basically who cares who buys what, each to his own, there's plenty to go around so look after yourself and let the other bloke look after himself.
Gees, something musta touched a nerve in this thread. My soap box is usually well out of site. :)
all the best John
A few years back, my wife and I completely remodeled our kitchen. All of the materials came from Home Depot. Our cabinets are all fine quality plywood with solid wood frame and panel doors. They were built in NC. I installed them myself and I am very happy with them.
I noticed during another remodeling job that Home Depot had particle board bathroom vanities for sale. Right next to them were the good quality plywood vanities that I bought.
I like the fact that HD stocks a range of different products and I can choose fine quality at a reasonable price or el cheapo junk at a much lower price. There have been times in my life when I would have been happy to find cheap junk, because that is all I could afford.
I also like the fact that they stock power tools that range from Chinese junk to Taiwanese made moderately priced imports, through fine quality American and European made tools.
Owen Lawrence wrote:

Yesterday, the wife and I took a road trip, and stopped in at a HD for the first time in several years. I'd have to agree with everything you said above- We were looking at flooring, and while they carried vinyl stick-on tiles for $.29/sq ft., they also had nice quarried marble in the next aisle. Who cares if they've got some junk- at least they carry some higher class materials as well. Around here, all we've got is Menard's, and all they've got is junk piled next to the junk- you don't get the option of buying a higher quality product unless you have a contractor's account with a smaller commerical vendor, or drive two hours to another chain.
I guess I should chip in here. I recently bought kitchen cabinets from the despot. I can't say that everything went smoothly but the cabinets themselves are gorgeous. Hardwood doors and face frames, laminated high density chipboard sides and back, tongue and groove joinery with glue, no fasteners. They aren't the highest end you can obtain but they are plenty high quality in this day and age.
And they have those triangles too.
One key reason I think they use those things is that the cabinets get beat up pretty good during shipping. If they are racked too hard the tongues will snap off and the cabinet will be ruined. Those triangles keep the racking from getting too severe. I of course could be wrong. Note that this is a load that has no relation to the load that the cabinet will experience during it's normal use.
At any rate just because the despot happens to sell bottom of the line items doesn't mean that you can't get better quality there. You may have to special order it.
I think it's fairly mean of the OP to imply that those that can't afford the highest quality should go without anything at all. Why shouldn't I have a functional, if cheap, kitchen, just because I can't afford to hire Tage Frid to custom build me some cabinets?
Having said all that I still don't really care for the despot. They have too many customers for their folks to properly and carefully deal with and thus stuff is always falling through the cracks with them. Nevertheless OP's post and other subsequent ranting replies just aren't true.
ml

Its a group known as the New World Order. We meet by teleconference once a month and think up new ways to irritate people. Ever heard of Crazy Frog?
The kitchen cabinet thing is ancient, four five years at least. But some of the best jokes are the long running ones. Have you noticed the way that teenage girls now run around in jeans and tops that leave a half inch gap at the midriff? That is one of our all time favourites. Its getting to the point where it is impossible for women to buy real clothes, thats why you see so many going round with an inch of flesh exposed in the middle of January with snow on the ground.

There is no New World Order. By the way, you've got treats for next month's meeting, I was asked to remind you.

Me, I liked the whole "Badger badger badger mushroom mushroom" meme that that one guy came up with as a joke project.
Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

If girls gave each other wedgies that style would be long gone by now.
--

FF

(Keeping my hands to myself)

On 1 Jul 2005 08:29:50 -0700, the opaque snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net spake:

So much the better. I have warm hands.

Let's pray they never start, eh? <domg>
- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - -------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Web App & Database Programming
How could they do that to each other since they almost all seem to wear visible thongs? Aren't they already self-wedgied with those? Some of the ones wearing thongs are almost as disgusting as plumber ass-cleavage in obese men.
Gerry

MANY who wear that kind of provocative clothing shouldn't.
I live 3 minutes from a beach where it is legal for the ladies to go topless... unfortunately, it's the ones with the brush-cuts and trucker wallets wearing comfortable shoes that go topless... they really shouldn't.
When that law was first passed, I nailed together a lemonade-style stand selling suntan lotion. Big sign: "Suntan lotion, APPLICATION included, $5.00!!"
It was only till after I offered to pay out 10 dollars that I got any takers....
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:37:00 -0400, "G.E.R.R.Y."

There ought to be a civilian review board... And a limit at about size 10, but only with a certain height.
Barry
"G.E.R.R.Y." wrote:

Lemme see, thongs, ass-cleavage in obese men. Nope, not even close. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Think Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell. Still want to stick to that comment? ;-(

Mark & Juanita wrote:

OK, I may have been blocking unconciously. Woof. But on a pecentage basis, I'll stand just behind my statement. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Hmmm.... Come to Wisconsin, and attend a county fair. Bet you'll change that tune pretty quick! :)
Prometheus wrote:

I believe I covered that earlier in the thread, but what the hey. I grew up not far from you, MI and IN. I've seen big girls with not a lot on, visit the neighborhood sauna or go skinny dipping. Given my druthers, I'd rather be lookin' at the backside of the ladies. But hey, that's just me. It's a free country, more or less, if you wanta look at the guys, I won't tell. %-) But I'm still gonna watch the ladies.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

I try not to look at anything that is 600lbs with a hairy back- male or female. :) Seriously, there should be an application process for spandex tube-tops and visable thongs. Just got some new neighbors, and the first look I got at one of them nearly made me tear my own eyes out- lady musta been 300 lbs, all sallow, cottage-cheese looking cellulite, and she was bending over in shorts which, while not particularly short or revealing in themselves, became short and revealing because they were jammed up her ass crack. *gag* And of course, the three-sizes-too-small tube top was in attendance as well, to complete the ensemble.
Then again, when you see the college girls running around, it's a whole different tune.
Prometheus wrote:

IMHO the fact that thongs and tube-tops are available in those sizes is evidence that a sgnificant part of the clothing industry is controlled by gay men intent on revenging past discrimination by straight men.
--

FF