Garage workshop lighting.

Hello, In the next couple of months I will be building my workshop in the garage.Right now its not insulated or don't have the electricity hooked up yet. I am going to insulate it and drywall it. I want to get flush mount lighting for the shop since my ceiling is just a little more than 6 feet high. Any suggestions on some flush mount lighting. Also what types of bulbs. I live outside Chicago and it would be cold in the garage sometimes. Thank You Rich Petruso

Oh hell... from the "Why Not?" department...
As long as you're going to be fixing the place up to do woodworking, and you know that 6 feet is going to make for a lot of "oh sh_t's", as you bang 8 foot boards into your new ceiling, why not make you first woodworking project in your new garage... the project to raise the roof 2 feet? Really. It's not that hard. It's harder than hanging sheetrock, but hanging sheetrock is a pain in the butt and this way you get to put that off for a couple more weeks. Break free the cap plates on top of the walls, jack up the whole roof 3 feet, throw in a knee wall on top of the cap plates and set the roof back down on it. Presto - done. Do it in a weekend.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Don't laugh too hard. I raised my garage roof 18", and have never regretted it once. About $2000 for a 3 car garage. Just make sure to get internal bracing in place before you start, and work from the OUTSIDE.
Matthew