Garage Sale micro-gloat

Stopped at a garage sale to see what was available and spotted an unopened Veritas Tool-Setting Gauge for $5.00. Doesn't look like LV sells them anymore, but they were going for $29 from what I've seen. It's the one with the little steps to indicate how far up to set your router bit etc....
JP

You mean this one http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p0074&cat=1,240,41064?
Bob
Egads - yes. I looked for it under "gauges" and didn't see it. ($27.50 plus S&H)
I think I'm really going to like it for dados. JP
Hit the local Rockler's (Schaumburg, IL) today after receiving their clearance flyer this past week.
One of the items listed as a "Red Dot Clearance" item (and thus eligible for an additional 50%) discount) was Iowa Manufacturing's "Stable Mate" metal stand for your CSMS (or any other tool you might want to mount on a large, stable metal sawhorse).
Their clearance price was $50 and with the additional Red Dot discount that's $25.00. I bought the stand last year through Amazon and paid $100 for it. It is a GREAT stand at that price and, obviously, four times as good for $25.00. The saw mounts to a quick release bracket (included) and I found the whole system far superior to the factory stand that came with my Delta CSMS,
Just a heads up.
On 25 Jun 2005 09:21:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

We don't yet know whether you suck or not. How much did you offer?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
It was marked at 5 bucks, and I handed him 5 bucks. It was worth ten to me, so I figured I'd keep up the good karma. JP