Garage heaters

I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.
Any home depot type place should carry them.
I bought one last year and it was a great investment. Gets nice an toasty out there.
snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca wrote:

What's "affordable"? You're probably looking at over a grand if you buy new.
Your first choice to make is whether to go forced-air or radiant.
You may want to go to an HVAC shop and get some advice.
Chris
The local Co-op (don't know if you have them out there; I'm in Edmonton, AB) had a "Mr. Heater" 45,000 btu natural gas heater for $500. Looked pretty tempting to me. Don't know what your definition of affordable is, though.
Alternatively, you could talk to a local HVAC place, see if they've got any leftovers from upgrades. The local newsgroups occasionally have furnaces available. But they would probably be overkill for what you need, and big, too. Plus you might have headaches getting them installed...
Clint

I can get a "multi-fuel" Reddy heater (forced air ) with the same BTU's from lowes for $150 US Troy
Clint wrote:

I bought my BlueFlame brand 15,000 BTU heater on Ebay for about $150.00 delievered. This is a ventless type and I have had no problems with moisture in the garage.
My space is about 1/2 your space, and on a pretty cool day, like 30's, it would take about an hour to make the space habitable. Therefore with 2x the space, I would go to a 45,000 btu unit and you should be pretty comfy in there.
15,000 btu's cost me about $0.50 an hour to run at $2.20us a gallon of propane.
Alan
keywords: blueflame; shop heater, shop heat, propane, cost to heat shop

Princess Auto has 35,000 BTU Mr. Heaters for $114 CDN. They're Propane though.
Everything ever sold is affordable, to someone.

Do a Google search for Hot Dawg Heaters. They seem to be very popular for garages and barns. http://www.gas-space-heater.com/modine-hot-dawg.html