Garage Door Veneer Kit?

Has anyone ever seen a garage door veneer kit? We're wanting to give a board+batten look to standard overhead doors by adding wood + pulls & hinges like these doors: http://www.millworkforless.com/garage-doors.htm ...
I'm thinking it shouldn't be too difficult to apply wood to existing doors, but it would take some tweaking to [1] keep the top clearance [2] keep the horizontal seams from showing, but functional [3] increase the tension of the springs with the extra wood & hardware.
New doors in this style are priced around $3,000.00 each.
I swear that I saw this a year ago online, but google searches have turned-up nothing.
Thoughts?
added 3/4 inch cedar t&g siding to a 15 foot garage door several years ago....had to add springs, but they still work fine and look great, too..
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FEngelman) wrote in message

See? I figured someone else had the same idea. Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a whirl!