Game patterns

Can anyone tell me a good source for making the old style simple wooden games? I'm looking for something that can be made out of all the scrap wood lying around. Lou
Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 8:18am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lou) doth queryeth: Can anyone tell me a good source for making the old style simple wooden games? I'm looking for something that can be made out of all the scrap wood lying around.
Checkers.
If you had added details on what you're looking for, you would probably have gotten more details. So, checkers.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

How about; puzzles for assembly/disassembly, bolt tricks, and the kind of things our grandfathers and their fathers played with? Even jigsaw puzzles are fun to make once you get the knack of it, but I've lost any plans I had ;-[
Pop`
Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 11:05pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@devnull.spamcop.net (Twayne) doth sayeth: How about; puzzles for assembly/disassembly, bolt tricks, and the kind of things our grandfathers and their fathers played with? Even jigsaw puzzles are fun to make once you get the knack of it, but I've lost any plans I had ;-[
Don't ask me, I didn't ask, I'VE got imagination for using MY leftover wood. It's the other guy. He didn't even say how big his scraps are. And you don' need no steenkin' plans for jigsaw puzzles - a picture on plywood and cut jigsaw puzzle shapes..
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
On Dec 30, 6:59 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Those are great idea's. The plan link was great, it gave me lots of idea's. My new years resolution is to make a ton of simple toys for the church and local orphans. It's not as if I don't have the materials lying around. Lou
Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:48pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lou) doth claimeth: On Dec 30, 6:59 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote: Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 11:05pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@devnull.spamcop.net (Twayne) doth sayeth: How about; puzzles for assembly/disassembly, bolt tricks, and the kind of things our grandfathers and their fathers played with? Even jigsaw puzzles are fun to make once you get the knack of it, but I've lost any plans I had ;-[ Those are great idea's. The plan link was great, it gave me lots of idea's. My new years resolution is to make a ton of simple toys for the church and local orphans. It's not as if I don't have the materials lying around. Lou
That was NOT me, shouldn't have stuck me in there.
Chess sets, checker sets, checkerboards. Very simple, any age can use them.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Rockler has several. I think Bridge City used to as well.
-Zz
Lou wrote:

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?catC4
jbc77 wrote:

more: http://www.vgwoodplans.com /
Don't have a web site for any, but my step daughter got me a book for Christmas "Crafting Wood Logic Puzzles" by Charlie Self with Tom Lensch. It has form very simple to some complicated ones.
--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Tom did all, and I mean all, the hard work on that book.

You might try http://www.drillbitsplus.com/free_woodworking_plans.html They have a number of free plans listed for games, some of the links are broken, but most appear to work.