galvinised pipe size

What size pipe should I use for compresed air in the shop manly from compreser to hose reels
thanks for any help jim
A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

3/8" hose reels? 1/2", unless the run is several hundred feet! Greg

I used 3/4" (which is, of course, about 1" in diameter), and the flow is fine for pretty much anything. Larger would be nice if you're sandblasting or something, but 3/4" gives you enough flow for most continuous use applications.
Dave Hinz
thanks guys the shop has been up for a while and the only real option is overhead this will be way better then hose all over the floor thanks jim
A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP
On Mon, 3 May 2004 21:44:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JAMES Mankin) wrote:

Put in as big a pipe as you can afford/manage. Pneumatics aren't the same as hydraulics, and if you have a long run with too small pipe it can affect your flow; not how much, but how soon.. Also, the pipe acts as storage, increasing the apparent size of your tank.
Think 1" or larger.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
I used 3/4" for the trunk that runs the length of the shop and 1/2" for the drops to each air chuck. I have been very happy with the results.
thanks guys for all the help its going to be great without all those airhoses being draged all over the shop floor now if I can just find time to finsh the wiring no more extesion cords
thanks again Jim
A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP
JAMES Mankin wrote:

Ha! Famous last words. More outlets just ends up meaning more places to plug in extension chords.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com