Galooed up multiple mitres in minutes with no clamps! w/pics

so this should be as strong as iron, yes mr Eisan? which the name eisan is german for iron. like mine which is hebeisen meaning lift iron, like a crow bar could be a lift iron. ross hebeisen

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

if your the one in your neighberhood, who is everyone else there that is'nt one. don't forget three fourths of the people in this country make up seventy five percent of the population. ross

Ross Hebeisen

Hello everyone,

I am working on the last item to finish in my parents kitchen, the kick plate. Yes I am still working on their kitchen, but really, the kick plate is the last item...

There are four separate kick plates and some with funny angles. I had thought about butt joints with biscuits, or nails or pocket screws. But I really wanted proper mitres with biscuits, the only problem is, how to clamp?

Here is a pic of the four boards for one of the kick plates, just a dry fit with biscuits,

only problem is, how do I clamp it?

I decided on Mitre Bond for clamps. I applied glue to most of the joint, the slot and the biscuit. To clamp the joint I put a drop of Mitre Bond crazy glue at the top and bottom of one side and activator to the top and bottom of the other side.

pushed the joint together and held it for 10-15 seconds, viola!

The Mitre Bond will act as a clamp while the PVA glue and the biscuit cure. If you are wondering how strong the Mitre Bond joint is, I picked up the entire four piece glueup minutes after gluing the last board and everything was solid. It will be totally solid tomorrow once the PVA and biscuits have cured.

know this sounds totally like an Ad for Mitre Bond and if I were a first time poster you might think it was. I have been around here for a while so everyone should know this is the first time I have so blatantly plugged a product. This stuff works and I don't know how else I would have made the kick plate.

disclosure clause, I have no interest in the product other than seeing it help others in similar situations.

Thanks,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in mine I'm him!

Reply to
David F. Eisan

This looks like the same stuff... different name.

Reply to
Woodhead

It appears to be no more than CA glue and accelerator. Available at any hobby shop and most woodworking stores.

> Jim

Reply to
CW

Maybe a better search engine, I use Copernic Agent.

Leon

BRY the information on this particular product indicates it is best used on light wood woods and trim.

Reply to
Leon

My my, have you just discovered CA glue and accelerator? LOL!!

dave

Reply to
David

I know it's a little late, but here's how I would have done it. Photo 4 in the following article (Keepsake boxes) shows a little jig you can make that should do the trick. You might want to adjust it to your own angles, but that might not be necessary, either.

seemed to work okay for me.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Of course it is...

Jeez David, why pass up a perfectly good opportunity to use a 16d box nail?

Reply to
Duke of Burl