gage block accuracy

Page 2 of 2

Uh, Ed, it is even MORE common to refer to 1/1000 of a meter as a millimeter. A micron is 1/1000 of a millimeter, or 1/1,000,000 (millionth) of a meter. :)
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Hi Larry,
Perhaps your newsreader didn't pick it up. Alexy beat you to the punch and I already thanked him for the correction. Yep, a micron is 0.001 millimeters, not 0.001 meters. It seems to have been my day to do things wrong by several orders of magnitude. Glad to know that good people read these messages and don't hesitate to make sure that mistakes are corrected.
Thanks, Ed Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com http://www.ts-aligner.com