g0586 vs g0490

I was torn between these two machines. I initially thought that I would be annoyed by the short outfeed table. So I had an order in for the backordered g0586. I heard over on woodnet that people who had orders in for the g0490 received notice that they were shipping out of MO. I went back and looked again at the two and decided to switch. It costs more, but costs less to ship, so it ends up being about $40 more. For that you get an extra horse and a few other features.
Anyway, I guess it's too late now since they're getting ready to ship my g0490. But can anyone see an advantage that the g0586 has over the g0490?
brian

Yeah, the g0586 is numerically larger than g0490. Bigger is better, right? ;~) So uh what are you talking about and what brand?

There's a similar thread over on wiidnet right now. I can't see woodnet from work though so I thought I would discuss it here. Searching the group for g0490 doesn't bring up much at all.
brian
brianlanning wrote:

magnetic switch, double drive belt
Some stuff is preference: --handwheel vs lever --longer (but shorter) fence
The 490 has slightly longer table, more power, sturdier locking levers, parallelogram tables, built-in mobile base.
Chris
so the 490 is single belt? I see it now. That's surprising since it's a 3 horse motor.
brian
I printed the manual and read it on the train on the way home. Looks like the g0490 has a magnetic switch. It's inside the base.
brian