FYI: Ordered from Grizzly! Router bits....Painless

and I'm happy, and before I could check on the order (not that it was late, just to track. That tracking is so cool) Like Magic, it was at my door!
HMFIC@1369 wrote:

Agreed. I have ordered a few router bits and a couple shaper cutters (they have some half inch bores cheap). Always good service and a pretty decent product.     aaaahhhhhhh,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

was late,

door!
I had the same experience. My router bits arrived before I thought to check on the shipment. Can't wait to chuck 'em up (or collet 'em up or whatever...)
Tom
If you ordered any Griz router bits with guide bearings, be prepared to replace them. Their guide bearings don't seem to hold up.
--
Rumpty

That's been my experience too. As to shaper cutters, I tried a panel raiser some time ago and found that it didn't keep it's edge for long. Fortunately, I can get them sharpened for only $5.00 (3 wing cutter) Same type cutter from MLCS lasts almost twice as long. YMMV
Max D.

I have a Grizzly set of three straight bits with bearings that came in a little wooden box with an allen wrench. So far the bearings have held up well, but I did have the set screw on the locking collar on one bit come loose and chew up the pattern I was following. I then grabbed the allen wrench that came with the bits, but it was too big. In fact, the wrench didn't fit any of the allen screws on any of the bits in the box. Don't know why it was supplied.
Well, a quick trip to Sears Hardware and the purchase of a tiny, metric allen wrench, and I'm back in business.
A word to the wise: check the locking screw on the collars of the piloted bits. And, if you have a PC 890 series router, use some Loc-tite on the screws that hold the rach gear to the motor side.
Bill Leonhardt

Bought a rabbeting set. Same experience.
Max D.