FYI: interesting Craigslist post

I'm not in the market for this, but I thought someone might find this interesting.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tls/2015443362.html
"Thos" wrote in message
I'm not in the market for this, but I thought someone might find this interesting.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tls/2015443362.html
This is an excellent price. Good to very good, but used, 5C's of that era are usually around $115-150 at online antique tool sites like Martin J. Donnelly. So $100 for a new and unused one in the original box is a no-brainer if you're collecting or upgrading a collection.
Tom

You'd probably find one cheaper that that at a PATINA ( a tool collectors group) meeting in the DC area.
http://www.patinatools.org /
By the way, my 5C is one of my more useful planes.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The last #5 (not #5C) in good shape that I bought at a garage sale was $5.00. It didn't have the box though.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Well, there ya go. As they often say on the Antiques Roadshow, "sometimes the box is worth more than what came in it." :-)
Joe aka 10x