FYI good deal on a nice bandsaw

Page 2 of 2

I don't think this is common at all now-a-days. There are so many alternative ways to cut an interior hole now, that using a bandsaw isn't the preferred way.
(not a metal worker, but my buddy is a serious machinest, so I get some insight to that world. It can be really useful having a machinest friend, incidently)
John
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com says...

Depends on the size of the hole and the material.
It is a different world though--I remember when Bosch jigsaws had an optional blade oiler and blades rated for armor plate.
On 8/1/2015 8:29 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

require the blade to be loosened on one end and threaded through a hole.