FYI: 18 ga. nailer, $7.99 at HF

Could be a mistake, since this is ridiculously low. This was at the Chattanooga store. For that price I had to pick one up--already have an

18 ga,, but at this price.... H
Reply to
hylourgos

| Could be a mistake, since this is ridiculously low. This was at the | Chattanooga store. For that price I had to pick one up--already | have an 18 ga,, but at this price....

Yeah - you suck. I had to spend the whole $14.95 for mine.

Morris Dovey

No mistake, I saw the same deal at the Columbus store on Tuesday. They also had a sale on akro bins with racks, which I bought several to keep hardare in. I really like shopping there for some things, but I just can't bring myself to buy anything from there that has any moveable parts...Oh well, love the akro bins though. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I paid $19.99 for the nailer this past spring... used it a couple months before it started shooting the nail about every 3rd trigger pull... not efficient use of time when installing trim. So I bought a Bostitch. Then I got HF's 18ga staple/nailer combo, again about $20. Used it maybe 5 times before the firing pin broke where it attaches to the piston. Haven't found the receipt yet to get a refund. I'll buy Rigid when I really need a stapler.

HF tools are ok for the casual user but if you're trying to make a living doing w'wing, get real tools. I have a Rigid 15ga, the Bostitch 18 ga, and about to get a Porter Cable 23ga pin nailer for a Craftsman style trim job I'll be doing next month. HF is great for things like air compressor fittings, etc., like you said with no moving parts.

Just my 2cents worth.

Will

Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago. Couldn't pass it up either even though I already have one. I haven't had any problems with it either but of course, this is for hobby use. I probably wouldn't consider it for full time use. But for $8 what the hell....... Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Reply to
wayne mak

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:20:58 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "Morris Dovey" quickly quoth:

Ditto. And he should have no problems with it. They're nice little guns.

Speaking of Harbor Fright, I picked up the #91811 TIG welder there on Wednesday. Regularly $299, on sale for $199, 20%-off-any-1-item coupon, final price $159.99. 'bout half price, eh?

Maybe I can use it to build metal frames for shelving to get more of the crap off my shop floor so I can start wooddorking again.

We're getting 4-8 inches of rain today and tomorrow so I might should build me wunna them arks, y'think?

------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there. -

Website Application Programming -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

While we're on the Harbor Freight subject, anyone have any experience with the Chicago Electric close quarters angle drill. I have never ordered from them but this looked interesting.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

Sounds like just plain bad luck. I bought the one that has a capacity of only ?1-3/8"? and used it for a bunch of stuff including installing base shoe. The only problem was it would occasionally bind the last nail in a stick and I would have to remove the nose plate. I bought the stapler and used it with no problems. Then I bought the the nailer with a 2" capacity paying $19.99 on sale and used it to construct a bunch of rough boxes with no problems. I'm pleased,my only regret is that I didn't buy the 2" first.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I bought one a few days before Christmas and have used ait on a couple bowls for sanding. I'm surprised of the "heft" of the unit and so far it's working just fine. Not sure how long it will last (I use the compressor to try and remembe rto blow out the dust after each use) but for the price.....what the heck.

Reply to
Rick