FWW - Cover Photo

Just picked up the new FWW this morning. Saw that old Mike Dunbar on the cover, fitting some cornice molding onto a face frame.
If you look at how the face frame edge is molded and how the back of the cornice molding is going to lay on it - you can see there's going to be a gap behind the miter.
Would 've been a little nicer to stop the molded edge of the face frame (or stopped the entire face frame) so that there wouldn't be a gap.
Now, that Mike Dunbar knows better than that.
He was prolly just too tired from pushing all them Neander Bubba planes and doing all that Galootish bull work too give proper consideration to the details.
We should really pass the hat for ole Mike, sose he can buy hisself a nice routah table, planner and unisaur, sose he won't get so tired.
http://www.taunton.com/fw/pages/fw_currentissue.asp
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Yes, I did. It's bad practice, in my view.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
I found it strange as well -- seems like a simple thing to fix and a funny corner to cut in making what looks like a nice perice of work, otherwise. Just curious is its a "historical" kinda thing

on