Funny translation of jointer manual

I'm just getting around to tuning up the Woodtek jointer that I gloated about acquiring for $75 a few months ago.
The jointer is an old one, and Woodtek was kind enough to make me a copy of the original manual, obviously translated from the original Japanese.
The section that contained the warnings about getting cut by the cutter head, "Never pass hands directly over cutterhand (sic); it can cause bodily harm."
is titled,
REPLACEMENT OF HANDS DURING FEEDING.
Funny, but it gave me the shivers.
--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:52:26 -0600, Vince Heuring

I love reading English written by non native speakers. It usually very funny. They mean well, but you know who got the lower grades in class.

30+ years ago I was helping a friend unpack a shipment of parts for his bicycle shop. We were amused at the odd ball translations. One set in particular brings a grin to our faces yet... rather than have the boxes of side pull brakes marked Front and Rear they were marked Ront and Frear.
We are also amused another time when after doing some renovations in the shop and a bill showed up from the lumber yard for $2.xx for various types of trim and moldings. Seems they misplaced the decimal point two places... it should have been $2xx.xx. They never caught the mistake.
The moral of this story is you don't have to be a foreigner to screw up printed documents. ;~)
John
George Max wrote:

I had an old Honda motorcycle that had a "Voltage regurator" according the the service manual.
Check out http://www.engrish.com/ Lots of funny bad translations
Rick

Vince Heuring wrote:

I used to live in japan back in the 80s. They're famous for butchering english thus spawning the cool website www.engrish.com. There was also a newspaper article I remember reading about 15 years ago with the same sort of stuff from all over the world. Here were a few of my favorites (that I remember):
in an austrian ski chalet: Please do not parambulate in the corridors in the hours of repose in the boots of asention.
in an italian tailor's shop: Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time.
brian