Funny Practical Joke...

Well, at least we think it is...

Every Thursday night, there are between 4 and 6 guys who meet in my shop to build various projects, needless to say we make a lot of sawdust.

One of the guys bought a dust collector (identical to mine and one of the other guys) about a year ago. He's not a real big wood dorker he does some, but I run more lumber in an evening than he runs in a month.

Anyway, the primary use for his DC has been to suck dust bunnies out of his truck.

All the guys give him grief about his DC. I've called him on the phone to tell him that I'm emptying mine out, and does he want to come over to see how it's done? He says he has "elves" that empty it for him.

Soooooo... last Monday night (while he was bowling) we let ourselves into his shop, and filled (and I mean filled, both the primary, and the bag) his system up with my saw dust. It took him a week to figure out that he had no suction because the DC was full. Here's the best part, he thinks he made all that dust! He is so proud of it that he had his wife take pix of him emptying it out, and he e-mailed them to us. We are all just playing along.

So now, we are going to fill it up again, asap, only this time we're gonna toss in a patio block with the message, "Sawdust courtesy of your lodge brothers at the Old Hippy Workshop".

Can't wait till he finds that!!!

Reply to
lex

Then he'll be bragging about how his powerful dust collector can suck patio blocks right across town.

Reply to
mp

LOL.....

Reply to
bridger

Personally I think you ought to string him along a little while longer. Fill it a couple more times, then don;t fill it for a LOOOONG time, then fill it a bunch. Make sure what you are doing has no relation to the amount of woodworking he is doing.

When I was in college we had this guy who was REALLY proud of his crappy little car. He used to brag about his gas mileage a lot. We all got very tired of it and decided to play the joke up by occasionally putting a couple of gallons in the tank. He'd say things like "Man, I got great mileage on the trip home this weekend. Not quite as good on the way back though, I'll have to tune it up". We would keep very accurate records of this and then one day, when it got to the point where his car was practically manufacturing its own gasoline, we'd go down and siphon it all back out. He'd spend an ungodly number of hours down in the shop trying to figure out what suddenly went wrong. Then we'd start adding gas again...

To this day, nobody has told him.

Reply to
GigaNews

You can put gas in mine any time you want. I don't even need to be told when you do it.

RB

GigaNews wrote:

Reply to
RB

I'd love to see the picture of this guy emptying out is DC. This story had me laughing at work. Good old clean fun practical jokes.

Dan

Reply to
Daniel Martin

Pix aren't all that funny... Just a bunch of 5 gal buckets... Glad you liked the story, will keep y'all updated!

Daniel Mart> I'd love to see the picture of this guy emptying out is DC. This

Reply to
lex

">

My dad pulled this same stunt to a coworker that also was bragging about the great milage. He was pretty quiet when the fuel was siphoned out! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

In reality, how funny were the subject practical jokes? Were the victims also amused and appreciative of the ingenuity/attention, or were they hurt, shamed, and otherwise made to feel bad about themselves?

Sorry, I just have to wonder. Practical jokesters rarely comment on the good nature of the receiver of the "joke". I know because I used to do it too, and I know how I felt and how the guy joked on wasn't much of the consideration before pulling it. Then I grew up.

Pop

Reply to
Pop Rivet

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:40:13 -0400, "Pop Rivet" wrote: snipped....

glad I havn't grown up yet.....

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

do you really think his friends meant to demean or belittle him? sounds like they played a little practical joke on someone they take great interest in. it wasn't like they glued his butt to a toilet seat with crazy glue.

dave

P> In reality, how funny were the subject practical jokes? Were the victims

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

To answer your question, I have been the subject of many practical jokes in this group of freinds. Fortunately, neither I nor any of them are bleeding heart little whiners who think life would be perfect if nobody was ever allowed to have any fun ever again.

You clearly don't have enough to worry about.

Bill _/)_

Reply to
GigaNews

I think it's none of your business what I have to worry about but your immature nature is showing in your comment. There is a big difference between the sociopath who enjoys watchng others suffer and a specific group of friends who enjoy putting the twists on each other now and then. Your post, and your comment, seem to indicate the first rather than the latter. I have to wonder why it would put your liver in a quiver to have received such a simple, easy to answer question. I like my neighbors and I think I should be very grateful that you cannot ever displace them. This ng is degenerating to a slop-fest because of the likes of these posts. You have initiated more than one of those, and perpetuate them faithfully, by appearances. Not gonna plonk you because you're not worth the effort, but understand you need some interpersonal skills training, followed by practice.

Pop

Pop Rivet

lmao.... reminds me of the time i coninced my friend that he participated in a bank robbery. my car was in the shop and i needed a ride so i asked him if he could give me a lift. it was april 1st. he says "i dont have any gas". so i told him if he would give me a ride i would get him some gas. only fair right? i told him to stop at the bank so we could get some cash. he knew i was broke because he was taking me to get paid. he says"which bank?" i says "i dont care pick one" his eyes get wide. so i said "stop over there at that bank and i will get some money. he pulls in and starts to park so i tell him "dont park. just sit here and keep the motor running i"ll only be a minuit." he says "what are you up to?" i said dont worrie i got money in this bank. ill cash a check. ok so i had a c note tucked away for emergencies and when i got inside the bank i had the teller break it for me and i told her i needed 50 one dollar bills a couple fives 2 tens and a twenty.i folded it up with the twenty on top. when i got outside the bank i took off runnin and jumped in. i says"hit it ! lets roll..." after a few blocks at breakneck speed i calmly told him to slow down cause noone was following us. then i whiped out this wad of cashj fliped hin a ten and made sure that he saw the twenty on top. after we got home he was nervouse as a cat in....... i told him we should split up just in case and i went home. as i watched out the window i saw him pull the car around back so i went out my back door and snuck around where i could see. he was out there with a hatchet cutting down his shrubs and covering the car with them!!!! i couldnt help but LOL and he heard me and says " whats so funny you @$#@#@$$%^$... i said remember last year when you and your brother was riding in my car and you both jumped up in the seat and hollered SNAKE??? he says yeh but that was april fools day and we were just funnin witrh ya. i said yup exactly!!! the look on his face was priceless~!!!!! skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Thu, Apr 8, 2004, 4:32pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcomcast.net (Dan=A0Valleskey) spoke: glad I havn't grown up yet.....

I'm almost gronwn up, but hope I never get that old.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

whn yoiu groww upp willl you usse a sepll ckhker??

dave

J T wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Awwww Pop, go empty your dust collector and see if you can find some of that missing cheese to go with that whine....and lighten up a bit, its all in good fun!

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Fri, Apr 9, 2004, 12:37am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bay=A0Area=A0Dave) burbled: whn yoiu groww upp willl you usse a sepll ckhker??

And, which one are you, Sonny? Dave the troll? Or, the troll Dave?

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

Wish I could say the same. It is definitely not worth the effort explaining it to you. PLONK!\

Sheesh. Bill _/)_

Reply to
GigaNews