Fuming it is! *PIC*

Page 1 of 4
Dear All,
Well thanks to Mr. Owen Shim and others, it looks like I am going to fume my little cherry clock with ammonia.
Here is what my test piece looks like set beside the clock,
http://members.rogers.com/moreweb/images/fume1.jpg
I compared it to a cherry table I made about 20 years ago, and it is even darker than the table. Fuming seems to make the cherry look as old as it ever will in just a few days of exposure.
I like it and I will keep everyone posted on how things are coming,
David.
the color looks good, so does the clock. original design?
David F. Eisan wrote:

--
---

BRuce

You'll keep us posted???
I wait with baited breath...
NOT!
the other dave
David F. Eisan wrote:

On 31 Oct 2003, Bay Area Dave blathered:

    Unless you have a piece of anchovy caught in your teeth, that should be 'bated breath,' meaning "I'm holding my breath."

    Why not? David E.'s work is always worth looking at, and he shares the results of his behind-the-scenes investigations into techniques, which benefits all of us.
    You, on the other hand, can't seem to wipe yourself without asking how to fold the paper first.

Scott Cramer wrote:

Damn... you beat me to it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
'twas merely a slip of the fingers...but thanks for playing word cop.
dave
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

What do you use for "bait"? :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
Swingman wrote:

Whassa matter Dave - this thread not about you?

Groggy responds:

I'm just wondering what he's trying to catch. Baited breath..cheese, for mice? Or does he mean "bated," as in "holding?"
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
you must have missed my acknowledgment that I added the "i". see post 8:25AM. at least that's the time showing here in CA.
dave
Charlie Self wrote:

Baited as in troll-bait perhaps, I suspect a Freudian slip, and I am not referring to router bits and collets either.
brought forth from the murky depths:

CHRIST, guys. Can't you tell that he is a troll, nothing more? Why must you continue to respond to him? ------------
-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown
I don't post pictures every time I turn around nor expect everyone here to await the next promised batch of "must watch jpegs" with unbridled excitement. Get a life.
dave
Groggy wrote:

It seems you've allocated some special time to embarrass yourself in public again Dave.
David Eisan has been a wealth of information over the years, helping others and explaining what he learns along the way. He posts and maintains the FAQ on behalf of the wreck, he doesn't attack or belittle others, he adds value by providing pictures of techniques he is trying and generating discussion. In short, he is and always has been a valued contributor. Since this bothers you, what exactly do you think participation in the wreck is about?
Greg
i take you out of my twit list for 5 days and you just can't wait to act up, can you? bye, again.
Groggy wrote: nothing of value
sigh...
UA100
Keef,

Ayup.
On another note, wait until you see the pictures of the motherload of all trade in's. I am buying two massive shops at work to trade in on downsized new equipment (two prisions ww'ing shops closed, new smaller outsourced shop being built). Things like General 12" jointer, 24" planer, floor model mortiser (like a Yates), knobless dust door cast iron based Canukastani made Unisaurs, Crescent/Delta 20" bandsaws, 16" Wadkin TS's, lathes, radio alarm saws, the list goes on and on.
Uniqueasaur.
David F. Eisan wrote:

Some guys get all the fun jobs. You'll of course me making up a pictorial record???
And speaking of Kanada, somewhere in all my things I have a shot of a Unisaw with a Beaver tagged dust door. I saw this at a shop up in Edmonton (like Omaha only farther nort' and west Leon). The picture didn't come out too goodly though and to tell you the truth I'd have to go digging for it. I wonder if FotoShoppe wouldn't resurrect the thing?
sigh...
UA100

Gotta keep an eye on those Beavers.
I brought up an old ('73) shot of a Yankee half-miler (motorcycle made in Schenectady, NY for a few seasons) set up for ice racing, taken at Glens Falls in February (the lakes have to be cold enough to hold a *lot* of vehicles). Scanned way too dark, though it's medium format, but PSE 2 did a fine job of turning it into as much of a visual treat as it will ever be. Mostly a reminder of going on my butt on the same bike while playing around after the races.
Charlie Self "Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. " Ambrose Bierce