Fuji Q4

Just ordered my FUGI Q4 HVLP sprayer. Any comments. Hopefully good ones. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe

It's an outstanding machine.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you have sprayed before or not, NO HVLP system, for that matter NO method of applying finish, is a magic carpet to the perfect finish. It will deliver a finish as perfect as you are capable of and commensurate with the effort you put into it.

It will operate much quieter then any other HVLP system, more efficiently (in terms of material used, 85% + transfer rate) then a conventional system (35% transfer rate) but not as efficiently as a brush (100% transfer rate), but, then again it is much faster then a brush.

Last but not least, unless you have a dedicated spraying room you will probably find that once the novelty has worn off and unless it is a large or complicated job you will, more often then not, defer back to brushes and rags rather then drag the system out, set it up, spray, then clean, then pack it away again.

Note; I own two HVLP systems plus a compressor and conventional gun. My mainstay is my Fuji Q4. I like spraying over any other method of applying finish, I love my Fuji, I do not send the above as a downer. I pass it on only as a cautionary note against frustration caused by expecting more from the equipment then can be expected. it's a tool and like any tool it has to be used properly to give optimum results.

Have fun

Reply to
Mike G

Hi everyone, Im looking into purchasing a HVLP System. I would like to do latex paint and other finishes like stain, waterborne finishes. Does any of you own Fuji equipment? Is it reliable? Anything other on the market that might be equivalent?

Thanks for feedback Michel

Reply to
Michel

I own the !4. It works great for all the finishes you mention.

The Q4 comes with a #4 nozzle/needle combination. Great for heavy bodied fluids like latex so get the #3 combination also for standard woodworking finishes.

Reply to
Mike G