Fueling your car with natural gas from home

Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot of methane (natural gas) is found as shale gas, a lot more will come from methane hidrates. Natural gas is causing much less greenhouse gases and since it is found locally, it will not cause any wars or terror. I will create jobs in your own country and not in the middle east. Do you know that by converting your car to natural gas, you can save a lot of money ? It costs a lot lot less. You may say that there are not enough gas stations, but you can fuel at home* over night. You also should convert your car to dual fuel, that means if your natural gas tank is empty you can switch to petrol, until you find a gas station. And the more people switch to natural gas, the more natural gas stations will be built, otherwise they can not earn money. Do you know that in Argentina there are almost 2 million CNG (compressed natural gas vehicles), also in Pakistan and Brazil there are more than 1,5 million CNG vehicles, whereas in the US there are not even 200000 of them, although most of the shale gas is found in the USA.
Sources: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-05-08-natural-gas-usat_N.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_vehicle * http://www.tulsagastech.com/phill.html
. Do you

Same with oil.

I recall natural gas being extremely expensive a few years ago, it will happen again.
wrote the following:

The Republik of Kalifornia, in its infinite wisdom, decided to create numerous new power plants for electrical generation the year afer the natural gas shortage. What were all these power gen plants to run on? You guessed it: Natural Gas. Additionally, the wise Guv signed them up to pay the highest electrical costs in the nation for a decade. I moved to Oregon shortly after and am paying some of the lowest electric rates in the nation.
--
Impeach 'em ALL!

Don't worry, if Kitzhaber gets elected he'll fix that.
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:50:52 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Kulongowski is no better. If anyone currently holding Oregon office gets reelected, we can continue to see the same ghastly rise in gov't spending, too. (46% since 2005, despite the recession.) Nope, politics didn't get much better moving up one state.
Sign me: Impatiently waiting for the cull, or something like it.
--
Impeach 'em ALL!

I did a NG test run on one of my vans. All went well, till I got to the end of the hose.
Seriously though.... a fellow local business man did convert to NG for his 6 (or so) service vans. He runs a plumbing business. Nothing much more than 20-30 km in service radius for his clients. When the vans were idle overnight, hooked up to compressors. He was quite surprised how much his electrical bill went up. Also NG related equipment maintenance and repairs became quite expensive. This guy is pretty good with a spreadsheet, and he dropped the whole set-up after 3 years. The savings were minuscule and not offset by the hassles. He's a conservative so not bothered by the favours he did for the environment. [troll]

That's all I need, a pickup with a 50 mile range, no thanks.
basilisk

This is about 10 years old. There used to be a web site called myphill.com Can't find it now, probably rolled into the fuelmaker web site. They were selling in Okla., Colorado, and several other states. They had units from home garage-sized to units for fleets. In some parts of the country, CNG vehicles make a lot of sense (and save cents). Several states are major natural gas producers, and it's cheaper than gasoline there. There are also advantages to CNG vehicles; less engine wear due to corrosive combustion products, longer between tune ups, etc.
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:13:55 -0700 (PDT), ".."

Thanks T. Boone Pickens.