FT I need a bass guitar.

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:57:27 -0400, Silvan
Er...
I take exception to that remark. <G>
Barry
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:57:27 -0400, Silvan

Ditto here. It's for me and it's for fun. I just picked up the not-so-ubiquitous Washburn Tabu, also a red beaut. $99 on *b*y sure can't be beat! I recycled an old stereo phono amp and a full-range, old, 12" console stereo speaker, then zipped to zZounds for a Danelectro E-15 headphone amp. Perfect, though not to be taken into public.

Au contraire. Female musicians have their choice of the crowd every evening, though perhaps not at age 14. (But I knew some who did back in Vista. Why weren't they like that when I was that age?) <sniffle>
Something I hadn't really thought about is that Steve could talk to musicians with broken basses and repair/replace the broken body/neck for a lot cheaper.
--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage - http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Programming
Larry Jaques wrote:

Quality. :) I have a Roland JC-77 solid state amp, FWIW.

Yeah, well, it's not like they use it. Wimminz don't actually want to get laid you know, and Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are both virgins.

If you broke your bass, you whacked the strings with a hammer too hard. Bad bass player.
(Sorry, yse, I'm drnku.)
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:41:21 -0400, Silvan
$800 on a hobby amp?!? OK. Now that I know the little amp setup works, I'll need to cut into that lavish woodgrained plastic overlay on the HPM-40 and cut some flats for the amp to stick through. Maybe I'll use the little Griz trim routah and hog out a hole, then drop the amp into a metal panel and screw it down. I s'pose I could inlay it into the plastic and termite barf, huh?

And because of that little unwritten law, we can thank Allah for our ambi(+)dexterity.

Ya silly lush!
-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ---------- http://diversify.com Poly-free Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

Pawn shop special. It's in mint condition for all intents and purposes, but someone knocked it over, and there are tiny flat dings on all the knobs to indicate the position they were in when it went whump. It also had some dirty contacts, and intermittent crackling noises. I used this to really whale on the pawn shop dude over the price. I got the amp and a couple of old, huge Pioneer three-way speakers with 12" woofers for...
$250.

Go all out!

:)

I was pretty ripped that day. Oh well.

band.
nothing a

hate to

recommended to

Hey, finally, something I can help out with.
Check out http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs 0849%7C940496&PRID22 276. I bought one for my daugher and am suitably impressed. It's a very good beginner's instrument. I play it all the time, myself, too.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs 0849%7C940496&PRID22
good
That's not a bad idea either. I got hooked with inexpensive Japanese Les Paul and SG copies, for about $99 each. Both were a b*tch to setup, had to actually reverse the bridge on the SG to make it work. But it was an inexpensive way to find out if you're going to stick with it.