FT 2000 vce problems

I have a Freud FT 2000 VCE that's about 10 years old and just lately it's been shutting down, turning its self off while in operation when resistance is met with any material. It happens when mounted in a table or not. I don't force it to do what it shouldn't so hogging wood is not an answer. Any one have similar experiences and what can I do to repair it myself. Thanks, Barry
Barry,
Similar problem with mine about 2 years back and it was 2 years old. I called Freud and they said the electronic pack that controls the motor (soft start, etc.) is defective and a replacement was about $60 as I recall. Been working good since then but if this one goes - so does the whole router... Yes, you can replace the module - no big deal.
Bob S.