FS: Walker Turner Surfacer / Sander

I have a Walker Turner Surfacer / Sander (combo disc and belt sander) in great shape with and extra sanding disc wheel and original instruction sheet for sale now on Ebay. The auction number is

190067991198 and the auction ends on January 8th. Please check it out if you are looking for this kind of machine.

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
michael.moulton

Probably get better results if you said where you are. I can't see anyone going to the trouble of checking Ebay to find out.

Reply to
Toller

I wandered an hour up the road a bit today. Went to the tool supply place to look around, they recently started to sell Steel City tools, the 20 inch bandsaw for about $1300 stared at me for awhile. Did not run it, but it looks nice.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Thank you and others for the explanations on the above topic. It is very helpful. I was offered a "Delta 28-263 Platinum Edition, ball bearing guides, 20 amperes, about 4 yrs old and mint conditions." I have not seen the bandsaw. I assumed it was an American made maybe with some imported components, (maybe) with Charter's guides and 1hp motor. I plan to upgrade to 1-1/2hp, 14" raisers and others components from Iturra. I would have preferred a pre 60's editions. I have a few more questions; Are "all" the components interchangeable from others Delta? How about the bearing and steel wheels and most important to

1-1/2hp motor.

Thank you again.

Reply to
Charlee

I sold my G0555 with a 14" riser, now looking for a used Delta. Almost everyone speaks highly of Grizzly G0555 and I for one does not fully agree. The Grizzly bandsaw guide rod very flimsy and it does not always line up with the blades properly. After 1-1/2 years sparingly used, the motor started to make "click, click" sound when you start the bandsaw. Lastly, getting a replacement 1-1/2hp motor would be impossible other than buying from Grizzly as the motor shaft is longer that what is available in the aftermarket.

Reply to
Charlee